Anthony Cesario Will Back Up Rt... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anthony Cesario Will Back Up Rt...

Muck: Name a few who suffered more injuries on offensiveline. Off hand the Raiders. Lets see they lost their best lineman C Barret Robbins(acl in dolphins game), Their Starting Rg Mo Collins played about two games last year due to stress fracture in leg. There Pro Powl Rt Lincoln Kennedy played with one arm and and rarely ever finished a game, and their Lt Barry Sims was playing on one foot for the entire season(screw came dislodged in surgical repair foot) Only one Ol played every snap(Steve Wisniewski amd yet they were one of the top offensive lines in football. Its called having depth. You can make excuses about injuries but there would be no excuse if you had depth. The defensive line has experienced injuries and the play hasn't suffered as much on offense line. Time to start addressing the line with a talent like Ricky Williams on the roster.

The Raiders line DROPPED OFF BIG TIME LAST YEAR!!!!!! Man, they went from having the #1 rushing game in the league to somewhere in the 20's last year!!! That is just a SLIGHT dropoff there my friend. Check the stats.

Bodzilla Yea but Why?

Could the addition of Jerry Rice and Charlie Garner had something to do with that. Not to mention when you have a diffrent offensive line each week its hard to get continuity in running game. Still the line was highly effective in protecting Gannon. You can't just go but rushing numbers because i bet you check their rushing attempts they were dramicatally down from the previous year. Where they one of the top offensive teams in football? Some teams move the ball in diffrent ways. Like the old packer teams with Mike Holmgren instead of running for 4 yards, you throw for 4 yards. Its called the wesdtcoast short passing game. Now were they succesful moving the chains? That the only question that matters and did they score points.

You said their line play didn't drop off that far.....then you say it's hard to play at a certain level with a different line every week....which is exactly the point of what was earlier said. We did a good job of protecting Jay, but our running game suffered, as did the overall play of our line.

Go back, re-read the applicable posts in this thread and realize you just proved the point you were trying to counter argue.

The Raiders' and Dolphins' lines were both banged up, and both saw big dropoffs in play. That was the whole point.

Bodzilla take the rosy colored glasses off. There is no way you can honestly say the Raiders offense was comparable to the Raiders. Lets look at some facts First downs - Raiders were Fifth with 19.8 avg First downs per game(Rams,colts,49ers,Kc) Dolphins were 26 in avg first downs 16.4
Total offense The Raiders were 7 Dolphins 21. Compare how many sacks they gave up compare to dolphins. Look at al;l the offensive stats and you have to be crazy to thinkl any other way. Please Bodzilla show me numbers that support your claim. Thats like saying is Chris Chambers yards per catch avg goes down than he didn'y have as god as year as last. Well it will as he the starting wr and hes going to be catching more balls and that the number has to go down. Point is the Dolphins having done as good as job with their Offensive line as they had with other positions. You can sugarcoat it all you like but the numbers don't support your claims.

Wheres the dropoff? Im checking all the offensive stats and they are near the top.If The Dolphins get the kind of production out of the offense as the Raideres did last year than get your superbowl tickets ready

I made the comparison based on the fact that both lines play dropped off there cat daddy, there is a big difference in the levels of play tho. I never anywhere remotely even close to said that Miami's and Oakland's offense were the same.

you said that Oakland had a lot of injuries to their line and they never lost any productivity. I said they did, plain and simple. Look at their numbers, YPR. Look that up from a healthy Oakland line and an injured one. Wanna bet the injured line's YPR is way lower?

Of course you can still get yards and put up points without a great offensive line, but you can't run out the clock as effectively, and the Raiders certainly couldn't do that in the second half of last season. you go back nd check the numbers that count my friend.

My only camparison between Oakland and Miami is that both teams line's were hurt and the level of play dropped off.

PS
Show me where i compared the 2 offenses in anyway, other than their olines(and i did not even mention level of play when i compared those 2 units.)

AND PLEASE show me one SINGLE POST where I have "Rosy colored" glasses on. I am no homer, and for you to imply that is simply an ignorant, non-informed observation.

Go back and re-read my posts bro.

Bodzilla- Yards per rush Is a misleading stat . If your a defensive coordinator and your playing the Dolphins this year with Ricky Williams. You Better believe they are going to play eight man in the box and make Fielder Beat them. If your the offensive coordinator are you going to try an run or throw the ball against a team loading up[ on run. Of Course your going to throw the ball more often against this defense than run. Another reason Yards per rush is misleading two years ago they had a Napoolean Kaufman who could score from anywhere on the field. That inflated the yards per average. While the Raiders i believe had alot of 3 and 1 3 and 2 and pounding Zach Crockett up the middlle to get first downs, thus reducing the Yards per average for Rush. Only stats that matter is Points and First downs which indicate if you are moving the ball consistently. Sorry Bodszilla for the rose color glasses comment. Just dissapointed that the offense line has been neglected for so long. Only way you can put up points consistently with a bad offenseline is by having a dominating defense to put you in position to capitilze on good Field position.

Hey Fanatic. You only named one team. And you just happened to name the team with the deepest OL in the NFL.

You have to do better than that to back up your original statement.

Muck you know I can't But

the point is still the same. Stop the bandaid approach on offensive line. Im sick of the Word IF when it applies to the Ol. You think a Running Back , no matter how talented the rb is(Ricky Williams) , can gets yards without a good ol. You know teams are going to try to stop Ricky Williams(Playing eigth man fronts) and making Fielder beat them. Again can the Ol give Fielder the time to find his recievers. Leon Searcy IF(there that word again) healthy and can play sixteen games than he should be the answer for one spot on the line..

A good O-line can make a good RB & vice versa. W/ Ricky's talent, he should have a decent season w/ even an average O-Line.

I know you can't Fin.

And that's my point. When you make a statement like, "Some teams had more injuries than the dolphins on OL and their Ol production didn't suffer." you'd better be prepared to elaborate. Especially since we're debating. You implied "more than one", so you should be obligated to come up with more than one if asked.

You can't just throw that statement out there and then use the team with the deepest OL in the NFL to prove you're point (and even that is up for debate right now).

I understand the point you're after. But it's much easier to say "lets improve the OL" than to actually do it. The salary cap, draft position, and player availability dictate what you do.

Everyone loves to talk about "taking risks". Well, sometimes you have to take risks with your own players because the upside is there. We're taking a risk on Brent Smith. We're taking a risk on Mark Dixon. We're taking a risk on Leon Searcy and Jamie Nails. The only thing that makes these risks different is that they didn't make big waves in the press or cost lots of money.

My feeling is that we made moves that we were comfortable with. I don't think we would have this current group of guys in camp now if we didn't feel comfortable with most of them. Free agency for the OL pretty much sucked this year. And since we didn't draft until the 3rd round, our options were again limited.

Personally, I think the OL will be much improved this fall.

I don't know about "much improved" Muck. If Searcy's healthy, that will be an upgrade, but after that, there's not much to talk about.

You guys grabbed the top C in the draft, but there's a reason why he lasted that long...

Hope your right Muck about oline. But we shall see. Im not going to bring up the subject but let their play speak for itself in 2002.

Back
Top Bottom