Antonio Cromartie As A Tackler? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Antonio Cromartie As A Tackler?

Ghetti13

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
I would appreciate it if some informed Florida State fans could provide me with a critique of Cromartie's tackling skills.

I ask this because Cromartie appears to have the perfect combination of athleticism, ball skills and frame that Nick Saban covets in his free safety position. And because I only have three of his games from last year on tape and he was not provided the opportunity to come up and tackle all that much in any of the three.

Now, I realize this will be met with some irritation because many see him strictly as a corner. However, I believe his skill set would allow him to make twice as many plays at free safety as he could at cornerback because teams could not simply throw away from him.

Thanks

I was just gonna ask this question. Cromartie seems like a good trade down option.

You may not be able to get him if you trade down too far. I admit that the lack of experience and knee injury are alarming. However, he has been medically cleared and many believe he is the most talented corner to enter the draft in some time. Therefore, he may provide the "long term value" that Saban looks for in draft picks.

He's not the best tackler in the world, but he doesn't shy away from contact either. Numerous times I've seen him come up beyond the line of scrimmage to make a tackle for a loss on a running back. On a scale of 1-10, with 10 being the highest, I would give him about a 7.5.

He's not a free safety.

As a tackler, he's forceful, aggressive and reacts to the run very well. He's not a form tackler, but he doesn't shy away from contact.

Back
Top Bottom