Antonio Gates? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Antonio Gates?

Agent51

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Antonio Gates is gonna be suspended for the season opener, or if he even got suspended at all? Just wondering cuz I have him on one of my fantasy teams and need to know if I should start or sit him week 1 :D

*EDIT* Damn, sorry guys, this is in the wrong forum, I apologize, it is SUPER early here and I haven't been to sleep yet, rough party night, haha.

Oh man, at first I thought your thread was going to be a trade for Gates type of thread... :whew:

I don't believe he got suspended, I do know he signed a new deal...if he did get suspended, I haven't heard anything on espn or nfl network

Gates is not suspended, thats the wrong word, but he is not eligable to play in the first game becuase of nfl rules. He was a hold out, the chargers sent him a letter requesting he show up by a certain date, he did not. Therefore he can not play 3 games. The last 2 preseason games and the first game of the regular season.

I thought he DID get a one game suspension...

ESPN:
Missing the deadline had serious consequences. The All-Pro was placed on the Roster Exempt List on Monday, meaning he'll have to sit out the final two exhibition games and the season opener against Dallas on Sept. 11. He can be added to the activer roster on Sept. 12.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=nfl&id=2140051

Hey thanks guys, I knew they had that threat to him, but I didn't know if it actually went through cuz he ended up showing up, even though it was a little late.

Considering San Diego is going to crush Dallas anyway, it doesn't make much difference. But it hurts the stats and all you fantasy players i suppose.....

Back
Top Bottom