Antuan Edwards and Safety Position | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Antuan Edwards and Safety Position

Jorser

Insider
Reaction score
Another board just posted that Hank Goldberg has said that Edwards will sign with the Dolphins. Has any one else been listening and can confirm this?

This would be another smooth signing by Spielman. Edwards can play, IF he can stay healthy and keep his head screwed on straight. Pre-draft comments by misc scouts and personnel guys were that he was a jerk. He can run and hit with the best of them though. Hopefully he has matured and the change of scenery will do him some good, if he indeed signs. He and a rookie draft choice will certainly give Freeman a run for the starting FS job, I would imagine one of the losers of that battle will be on the field a lot in the dime packages. Shawn Wooden's days may be numbered. Savvy, smart, and a sure tackler, he is too slow a foot for full time or even reserve duty and his role on special teams will be supplanted by Chris Akins amongst others.

Just saw on another board that Armando S. is also reporting he will be signed by the end of the day.

Competition brings out the best in everyone.

Just turned him on, his talking about O-gun.

Hank said that of the 773 RFA in the passed , only two of them have every held out. If O-gun goes 15 days passed June 1 he makes 425.000 for the year.

Cool, hopefully Hank is correct and if so it looks like Freeman will have a little competion or unless Wanny goes ahead and make Edwards the starter.BTW who is Armando S ?, is he expected to sign with us too?

Nervermind....Armando is the reporter from sun-sentail.

I would love to have antuan edwards and i would also love to see him start besides arturo freeman,,,,,antuan and sammy knight will make a good combo i think,,,,not to mention he will also have madison,surtain and reggie howards help,......OMG!!!!. our secondary is gonna be so awesome.

Originally posted by PhinDude88
Cool, hopefully Hank is correct and if so it looks like Freeman will have a little competion or unless Wanny goes ahead and make Edwards the starter.BTW who is Armando S ?, is he expected to sign with us too?

Good. Prediction - Freeman isn't our starter.

Armando? Armando Salguero? Yeah, would be funny to see him line up at guard for about one series. :D

i read on Phinzone message board and they were saying that Edwards is going to sign by tonight.

I wouldn't trust those dudes, but hopefully they're right. Thanks for the news, Jorser & PD88.

Arturo Freeman was the best dime safety we have had in a number of years when he occupied that spot in 2001. If he moves back there, even if only on dime downs and Edwards only comes in on the dime, the way Surtain will move from outside into the nickle slot spot when Howard is on the field, our sub-secondary packages will be superior! Also more speed for special teams.

Hank Blows. I cant stand him. He has been bashing the Marlins and has been badmouthing them for the past couple of months and sounds he wants them out of Miami. He me be good for fins news but i wish they would kick his butt of the air.

Any news on Edwards? Did he sign? There is no news article so I was wondering for all you who live in Miami if any of the loacl TV stations or radio has said anything lately? Also, anything on Greg Randall?

Well there was one article from earlier or last night where his agent said that he will sign somewhere in 48 hours...either Miami or Atlanta it looks like.

I still don't trust those PhinZoners. They seem to be jealous of FinHeaven, & always try to get news before us.

IF Miami does sign this Antuan Edwards cat, wuld that lessen the need for safety in the draft??

Akins, Freeman and Edwards is alot of speed for FS, certainly one of them should have enough skills and awareness to take over without having a day one draft pick brought in. That would certainly be beneficial by Miami possibly going with Vilma in round 1.

Or of course... Shawn Andrews.

Back
Top Bottom