Any Concerns On Defense | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any Concerns On Defense

timwendt58

Practice Squad
Reaction score
We can't win games if we are going to keep allowing big plays for big yards. With the lack of pressure from our linebackers, our secondary will continue to get burned. Even Leon Washington had a good day on what is considered to be our strength. Our defense has to improve if we want to contend this year.

I am defineltey concerned with Will Allen's inability to play consistent. He seems to make a nice play here and there and then seems to get beat every now and then as well. His best game was vs. the Bills thus far, but it seems he has been expsoed and is now being targeted as a weakness.

Vontea Davis was beat on a big play by edwards so it seems to me like the young CBs are still learning the position and are a work in progress.....so our secondary is suspect and vulnerable.....the secondary defineltey concerns me.

Replacement for Wilson IS A MUST... i am fine with the others as of NOW. This off season the three most important things are secondary, wr, and keeping depth.

Sorry bro, but there were 3 rediculous calls to hurt our D. We had two bogus pass interferences and a debatable personal foul. We also had them go for two fake punts. Those are all wins for the defense. The D holds them 3 downs if the special team lets it up than thats life. Teams will not beat us by trying to get special team first downs. The game very easily could have been 31-17. Our Dbacks will get better throughout the season and Leon Wash had 40 something yrds are u serious?? He is a tough back to defend and he got 30 yds.

The pass rush needs to get better. That's one thing the Jets did pretty well. They surprisingly kept our defense off Sanchez's back for most of the night. I thought for sure with our multiple Pro Bowl defensive ends (JT and Porter) along with Wake we could have gotten a couple of sacks. We better get better for the Saints game or Drew Brees could cut us to pieces.

Also ... fewer mistakes like penalties from our DBs ... er, that means you Will Allen. You're the veteran and you're pushing the limits with your hand checking and all that in coverage. Some refs are going to be anal about it and flag you.

Maybe the defensive staff needs to start gathering pre-game intelligence on the refs and try to figure out just how picky the refs for the upcoming game are likely to be. That would be useful information for our DBs.

Penalties, missed tackles and the play of Will Allen have me concerned... Allens' play has slipped since last season ... and we all know about the missed tackles and how they have hurt Miami ... Last nights game could have very easily been lost because of the penalties!!!

Refs are an issue. Look back at the big PI play to Braylon. You can see an obvious hold and facemask on JT. Don't understand how I could see it and the refs can't....happened more than once last night...makes you almost wonder if the refs had a bias...

Back
Top Bottom