Any love for Marqise Lee at 19? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any love for Marqise Lee at 19?

jimthefin

Club Member
Reaction score
I had a hopeless man crush on Lee last year and though his play suffered this year due to injury and poor QB play(and getting double teamed)I still think he will be a difference maker in the NFL.

It does not look like an OL worth taking at 19 is going to be there and guys like Mosely just do not inspire me.

I understand that The Fins could use a big, red zone type WR more but I think Lee is too much talent to pass up at 19.

I know some like Cooks better(if The Fins were to go for a smaller WR).

Thoughts?

My favorite highlight reel for sure. I get bored watching most of the other top receivers highlights but I can watch Lee's over and over.

Out of all the expected players that could be available there he's my favorite pick.

He reminds me jordy so much, would fit in our scheme perfectly. Far better option than chasing a position like tackle. But since were the dolphins and always chase position and never draft the guys I like, I doubt it happens.

To me he's still a top 10 talent, unlike a lot of rookie wrs in any drafts, he has nfl rdy talent and technique.

Last year I said keenan allen was a top 15 talent And the best wr in the draft. I got a lot of slack for that, especially here. I don't think lee is polished as allen was, but lee has a much better stride, and he has that same transition from catching the ball, lockingnit up, to getting upfield as allen. Imo that's the most overlooked asset scouts miss. A lot of "top notch" athletic wrs don't do that well, imo it shows a lack of experience that can't be taught.

. Theres a big difference in whats needed to be a nfl wr and a college wr, lee has great skill set for nfl football imo, he's going to reward some team the same way allen did.

If we go WR at 19, Lee is my pick. I'd prefer to use that pick on D, but Lee is extra smooth.

Drafting lee would represent what we have not done since I've paid attention to the draft, which is drafting bpa.

I remember ireland always said he drafts bpa, he never did until tje late rounds. I've always said, its impossible to fill all yoir needs, it will never happen. Don't follow trends, don't fill needs, draft the best talent you can.

Its crazy, i know, but talent wins in this league. There is no formula to winning, but talent..

Drafting lee would represent what we have not done since I've paid attention to the draft, which is drafting bpa.

I remember ireland always said he drafts bpa, he never did until tje late rounds. I've always said, its impossible to fill all yoir needs, it will never happen. Don't follow trends, don't fill needs, draft the best talent you can.

Its crazy, i know, but talent wins in this league. There is no formula to winning, but talent..

I have Lee just outside my top 10 (12), but I share the general sentiment. And I think Lee's transition is his greatest asset - not just from catch to run but in and out of breaks, and once he has you in the open field, forget about it. Doesn't matter how fast you are. He's too smooth.

I have Lee just outside my top 10 (12), but I share the general sentiment. And I think Lee's transition is his greatest asset - not just from catch to run but in and out of breaks, and once he has you in the open field, forget about it. Doesn't matter how fast you are. He's too smooth.

Yeah he has that jordy Nelson stride, it isn't highlight material, but it's NFL material for sure. And most of all, like jordy, he's consistent.

The biggest knock on him is physicality from what Ive heard. There are legitimate concerns that he wont handle press very well...all in all though I like him and would be very happy with him at 19. Im personally a bigger fan of Allen Robinson...I see so much Dez Bryant in his game I cant ignore it. Lee is a stud though...to me he is one of those guys who stayed an extra year (albeit due to injury) but gave people more time to nitpick him. He was projected top 10...probably top 5 before that.

Wouldn't hate it, wouldn't love it...how's that for standing on the fence? hahahaha

If he is the BPA, then yes. But I don't think we will pick him. A very deep WR class, there should be starters and excellent value WR at 50. I still think Moseley or Martin.

I would take him, as long as Bridgewater and Donald are gone. If either or those two guys somehow slip to 19 I think you have to throw away all the rules toward which position is the priority.

There are probably other examples but those two stand out to me.

Really don't like the idea of taking Marquise Lee or Brandin Cooks with our pick. Lee looks very similar to Damian Williams (who is already on our roster), Steve Smith, R Jay Soward.and other USC WRs that have fizzled in the NFL. Lots of body catches running in the open field at USC.

I would prefer we didn't but if we are going to take a WR in the 1st round I hope it is Watkns, Evans or Beckham. No others...

Doesn't win outside, will struggle to get off press. Which means he'll be a slot. He's not dynamic enough to be a slot in my hands and doesn't catch the ball well enough in traffic.

I honestly think Lee is pretty overrated and will go in the 2nd.

Back
Top Bottom