Any news on RB Tony Hollings and the Supplemental Draft? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any news on RB Tony Hollings and the Supplemental Draft?

ckparrothead

Premium Member
Reaction score
It was supposed to take place at 1pm EST today.

For those who don't know Tony Hollings was the RB for Georgia Tech this year through 4 games, and averaged over 150 yards rushing per game through the 4 games before tearing his ACL.

Talent-wise, he was supposedly right behind Willis McGahee, and is probably further along in his rehab than McGahee is.

He rushed for like 147 yards against a tough Clemson defense...was the first GTech back to run for 4 straight 100 yard games since like 1978.

Some team may use as high a pick as a 2nd rounder on him. Everyone submits a blind pick for him, but if a non-playoff team uses a 3rd, they automatically beat all playoff teams, so a playoff team could use a 2nd just to assure that they get him.

The Patriots have a glut of extra picks in the 2004 draft, and are thought to be interested along with the Bucs, Cowboys, Bears, Vikes...etc

Great article on Hollings here...the Sportsline people watched film on him with Rick Spielman and co and they had some good comments about him.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/6473059

I just wanna know if the Pats got him...heck I would love to get him by takin a 4th round flyer on him

Taken by the Texans with the second of their 2nd round picks.

Wow. Well, I guess this does affect us, as we play the Texans in our season opener. They have Stacey Mack, who I am not afraid of, and I suppose they think Tony Hollings will make a great 1-2 punch with Mack. But I'm surprised a little, I thought that one guy they had was pretty good the guy they drafted like in Round 3 last year.

Back
Top Bottom