Any one listening to Jim Mandich today? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any one listening to Jim Mandich today?

minus

Perennial All-Pro
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I can't believe the Mad Dog said that he thinks Jay is a very good QB."He is not a Brady,Manning or a Favre but he is very good QB".

I'm kind of surprise since he was never really seem to be behind Jay.

Brunell for a 1st is the worst idea in the world (that is most likely what it would take).

Why is it no one gives Jay a chance? He's been stuck in a mediocre offense for 4 years, yet he has had enough chances. Instead of getting a 6 million dollar contract, lets us that money to sign TO... Give Jay a chance to succeed. Give ANYONE a chance to succeed. If it doesn't work out this year (assuming miami has the talent) start Rivers next year.

Originally posted by Section126
But he does want Brunell though.............

At the right price which he thinks is a 4th round pick.

Originally posted by Fisticuff
Brunell for a 1st is the worst idea in the world (that is most likely what it would take).

Why is it no one gives Jay a chance? He's been stuck in a mediocre offense for 4 years, yet he has had enough chances. Instead of getting a 6 million dollar contract, lets us that money to sign TO... Give Jay a chance to succeed. Give ANYONE a chance to succeed. If it doesn't work out this year (assuming miami has the talent) start Rivers next year.

Jay blows.

I would give up a 4th round pick for Brunell, The most I would give up is a conditional 3rd rounder for next year depending on his performance..............

Stuck in a mediocre offense...nope he's what makes it mediocre...his lack of arm strength...or should I say b/c he has no arm strength what-so-ever, his inaccurate throws, basically his "inabilities" are what has kept this offense mediocre and kept the OC from opening the playbook!!!

A chance to succeed...he's had 4 years!!! That's plenty!!!

You need a QB that can make plays to WIN BIG GAMES...........Jay just can't do it............Big game in New England??????? Forget it...........I got off the JF bandwagon after the NE and Philly performances.

Jay never did his part to elevate this offense's performance either. The offense hasn't "blown" for 4 years. In 2000 we had a running game and Jay couldn't produce a passing game without making the most ridiculously game-costing brain farts. In 2001, we didn't have a running game yet, again with the 19 interceptions. In 2002 we had a GREAT running game, still couldn't get the job done. In 2003, our running game struggled but was still adequate (1300 yards is nothin to laugh at), our defense was good, our WRs were better than they've ever been since probably when Jimmy Johnson took over (a lot of teams would kill to have one guy of Chambers' quality) and our QB play blew chunks. Sorry. Jay's had 4 years to back the safeties off the running game. He has not succeeded, EVER.

Thats the bottom line. We're a running team. You can't run when you're facing 8 men in the box. Jay has had 4 years to scare teams into not stacking the line of scrimmage, and he has failed to back them off in all 4 years. Sorry. He's DONE. Its OVER. Move on.

Jay Fiedler is the equivalent to this passing offense what Karim Abdul-Jabber was to our rushing game. Karim was capable of gaining 1000 yards if he stayed healthy but never capable of getting teams to respect the running game. Fiedler is capable of throwing for 3000 yards if he doesn't get injured (very much like KAJ) but he has not succeeded in 4 years at making defenses respect the pass. Most other starting QBs in this league with a guy of Chambers' caliber would salivate when they see as many men crowding the line of scrimmage as we've seen over the past 4 years. Jay Fiedler couldn't do what they can do. Saying he's mediocre for an NFL QB is just another way of saying he's abysmal as a STARTING QB.

Back
Top Bottom