Any one listening to Jim Mandich today? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any one listening to Jim Mandich today?

It's SO simple. Jay is in the bottom third of starting Q.B.s. We keep losing games where the other teams Q.B. is better than our guy. Q.B. is the most important position so bottom line on gameday we go in at a disadvantage, their most important player be it Manning, Brady, Favre, McNabb, Pennington or whoever simply put us in an uphill battle. The solution: Get rid of Jay and get a better Q.B. I know it's easier said than done but this team won't be fun to watch until we upgrade the Q.B. position.

Originally posted by BSQX4
It's SO simple. Jay is in the bottom third of starting Q.B.s. We keep losing games where the other teams Q.B. is better than our guy. Q.B. is the most important position so bottom line on gameday we go in at a disadvantage, their most important player be it Manning, Brady, Favre, McNabb, Pennington or whoever simply put us in an uphill battle. The solution: Get rid of Jay and get a better Q.B. I know it's easier said than done but this team won't be fun to watch until we upgrade the Q.B. position.

You make it sound so simple and yet really far from the truth.

Originally posted by BSQX4

It's SO simple.....our Defense is in the top 5 which puts just about everyone (85%) of teams at a disadvantage to us :) Some teams spend big dollars on their QB (ala....Manning will be commanding 15-18 mill this year vs. 6 for Jay or whoever) and that's extra money spent on our defense to counter their highly paid QB....at least that's the theory. This is a 'team' sport and the way our team is designed.....is for the defense to play consistent lights out and shut down their offense allowing our offense to go after a mediocre defense to win the game........which we do more often then not. Again....Houston, Tenn, Philly.....our defense thought they were on vacation somewhere else while our mediocre offense lived up to what it was supposed to do.....score some points and play enough to win. The NE game.....special teams (mare).....that's 4 games that's not related to JF/BG's play.

Do we need to upgrade the QB....yeah....it's obviously not one of our strong points and that's never been an argument/debate of mine. However, our team is not currently designed for a highly paid QB. And to get one (10 mill + / year) would require losing a couple key starters on our defense allowing other teams with average (forget the bottom 1/3) to attack our defense more at will.

Can't have it both ways...unfortunately. Wish we could.

Originally posted by Section126
You need a QB that can make plays to WIN BIG GAMES...........Jay just can't do it............Big game in New England??????? Forget it...........I got off the JF bandwagon after the NE and Philly performances.

we all know the real problem. it was the pass blocking against good teams. jay was not the problem. i hate to burst your jay hating pile on bandwagon jubilee.

Back
Top Bottom