Any thoughts on Kelly Herndon? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any thoughts on Kelly Herndon?

Trowa

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Tennessee waived Kelly Herndon on Friday. I know he was injured last year but in his time in Seattle he was a decent corner. He doesn't have elite speed but is faster than Travis Daniels and Andre Goodman. He also has decent coverage skills allowing giving him a mix that would make him a good Nickelback. He would also most likely come cheap and we still don't really know what we're getting out of Jason Allen. I still believe we need to look to the draft for a CB, I've got Antwan Cason from Arizona targeted in the second round which would help out Will Allen tremendously. But I'm interested to know what other people's opinions are on this.

Here is Kelly's player page from sportsline http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/players/playerpage/146330

Herndon has to be in his mid 30's by now and like you said, coming off an injury. I'd rather just draft a cb in the 2nd rd and plug them in as a starter opposite W.Allen. That would leave Lehan to shore up nickel packages which he is very capable of doing.

Herndon has to be in his mid 30's by now and like you said, coming off an injury. I'd rather just draft a cb in the 2nd rd and plug them in as a starter opposite W.Allen. That would leave Lehan to shore up nickel packages which he is very capable of doing.

That's a good plan.

Back
Top Bottom