Any thoughts on LB Joshua Perry?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any thoughts on LB Joshua Perry??

gregorygrant83

Active Roster
Reaction score
I see the Chargers just released 2016 4th round pick Joshua Perry. He was a decent LB at Ohio State if I recall. He's injured right now, but could be picked up and one healthy might be a decent depth olb for Miami. Any thoughts?

Developmental strong side lb. has the frame for it and yes I'd be interested.

Likely if released he's a long ways away medically from being able to play

He was Raekwon McMillan's linebacking teammate at Ohio State. I hope that our people take a good long look at him and whether he fits our system. Pretty surprising that an NFL team would give up on a 4th round Draft pick from 2016, after basically just one season. Need to understand if their decision was driven by the nature of his injury or if they concluded that he's just not that good.

Head injury in preseason is all I could find.

Definitely fits our system but needed to get more lead in the pants for poa play at strong. Ideal frame for it has very good length. He's also a plus athlete relative to what you see at strong too.

Definitely would be on this but I'm betting that head injury is significant.

Last edited:
IS there anyway to sign him to the practice squad, than evaluate him, and if necessary place him on the IR, to get him healthy for next year. In a way it be similar to what they did with O-gun back in the day. Signed him as an UDFA and placed him on IR.

Seems like he would be worth a look, like everyone else is saying, may be a good strong side option down the road. I wonder what kind of head injury it is he is dealing with

I was really hoping to draft this kid last year to play strong in our system.
I have no idea how he faired last year in the league, but I would love the signing.

I really rated Perry coming out. Plus instincts and the speed to get sideline to sideline. Model locker room citizen and very high motor guy. Not as good in coverage or as rangy an athlete as the NFL likes in their backers these days, but useful. I'd have thought though that we wanted WLB cover more than anything else, with Rey now on board. Dunno if he's PS eligible...

Back
Top Bottom