Any thoughts on why our 2017 QB starter is so hated by this author? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any thoughts on why our 2017 QB starter is so hated by this author?

44fin:
I'm re-posting a response I had in another thread that I feel is a direct answer to your question.

"When I followed "Da Bears", while Gase was their OC, I was confused at their anger with Cutler. After watching a rehash's of their 1985? season that kept coming up, it became clear what those fans wanted. The Chicago fans are still waiting for incarnation of Jim McMahon for their QB. A physical quarterback who was basically nuts and was a "Bad Boy" who didn't take direction well. He was a behavioral copy of Mike Ditka. This is what Chicago fans crave. Anything else didn't measure up. This is the only explanation I could find for their strident, bordering on irrational complaints about Cutler. I now no longer consider Chicago Bears fans opinions worth listening to."

It is hard to like a guy with his demeanor, it is that simple. Who wants a guy that mopes and pouts when things do not go his way? Nobody. I am still hopong for the best.

Speaks volumes that this "journalist" is more concerned about writing a polarizing anti-Cutler article than giving factual details on what lead to a week 1 loss for the Bears.

In other words, Jay might not have been the biggest reason behind Chicago's lack of success.

We shall see but I saw a ton of bad QB play yesterday and some of it was by done of the young darlings of the NFL. We'll see where Cutler stands next week.

Whatever. If he plays well they will say it's only one game. If he plays bad they, they meaning every expert out there, will say see I told u so.

if you find yourself getting overly optimistic about our offense this year, just check the Chicago press...youll find things like...

"At quarterback was a guy who isn't Jay Cutler" (on why the bears look fun again)

or the headlines...
"It Always Comes Out Wrong With Jay Cutler"
"The Cloud of Jay Cutler Has Lifted"

glowing praise fellas....

Didn't wanna click because, well, Dumb-Sentinel, but to reprint an article from Chicago to cast a shadow on Cutler?

I guess that's the last swipe of a dying paper...It will NOT be missed.

I followed Chicago a bit during the Cutler era, and he is/was an extremely polarizing figure. So much talent paired with so much epic fail. When you combine that with an attitude that alternated between hostile and indifferent (especially in his losses), and you get someone who is not fondly remembered. His last year with Gase helped restore his reputation a bit, but Bears fans hold him at least partly responsible for 8 straight years of futility. He's really symbolic of that era, and so there were very few tears shed in Chicago when he left. Let's hope their "loss" is our gain though.

didn't read it but I'm sure it's all the same. my wife and her family are bears fans. they laughed when we got Cutler and said they feel sorry for me and good luck. I haven't mentioned they could have had Devante Parker instead of Kevin White, I'll save that one for the right time...

Whatever. If he plays well they will say it's only one game. If he plays bad they, they meaning every expert out there, will say see I told u so.
Yeah, he could take us to the super bowl, get to the 5 yard line for a chance to win it all and barely miss the gw throw and theyd be like "see, I told you cutler would fail this year"

I've never been a big fan of Cutler either. But, I do recognize that he had his best season with Gase and that he has a lot of talent around him at the skill position in Miami.

Cutler's always had a big arm, but hasn't always been the best decision maker. My hope is that he has his best season yet in Miami. I think that could happen with Gase and the talent around him

Still wondering why a South Florida newspaper runs a Chicago columnist.

Seriously, this is exactly why people don't PAY to read hateful crap.

Back
Top Bottom