Any word on Haley? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any word on Haley?

I dont think we are going to match it. we have much depth at DL with burnett and williams playing DT on passing downs at times. we will need the extra 600,000. the extra 7th rounder wont do much for us but the 600,000 might get us sammy knight if we let freeman go too. also comes in handy when we sign griese and draft picks.

freeman can´t sign with another team now he will be back

Originally posted by finfan54
I dont think we are going to match it. we have much depth at DL with burnett and williams playing DT on passing downs at times. we will need the extra 600,000. the extra 7th rounder wont do much for us but the 600,000 might get us sammy knight if we let freeman go too. also comes in handy when we sign griese and draft picks.

I agree. The only reason they would match this offer is to use Haley as trade bait in the draft. I read they were not able to trade Derrick Rodgers either. It might be good because if they cut him after June 1 that means an extra 1 million to sign other FA's.

Originally posted by jasmine34

I agree. The only reason they would match this offer is to use Haley as trade bait in the draft. I read they were not able to trade Derrick Rodgers either. It might be good because if they cut him after June 1 that means an extra 1 million to sign other FA's.

:(

I'm going to go against the grain and say I think we match. A 7th rounder does very little for us. Even if we trade him for a pick in next year's draft I think we can get at least a 5th. Also worst case scenario we have great DT depth.

KEEP HIM!!!!!! as i said b4 this contract is very nice. Next year Tim Bowens is gone. his salary cap number shoots through the roof , and at least one star has got to go. T Bowens is the odd man out. Better he than Madison, Surtain, Thomas, or Taylor. Haley is greatly improved, and a million a year is a great price for a starting caliber DT. We need to keep him. His money has already counted against the cap and will only change a few thousand dollars. We can get back 1.5 million on our cap by releasing Rodgers after June 1st. griese can have his deal set so it is very light on the cap this year, and if Fiedler fails , he to is gone after this year because his cap goes up to over 5 million. Its all a numbers game folks, and Haleys contract is definitely worth keeping.

I wouldn't take less than a fourth rounder for Haley, and even then i wouldnt know about it. DT are hard to come by. weve been very lucky. 10 will be taken in the first 2 rounds alone.

I say they let him go, even though they would be wise to keep him for reasons already discussed...

I say Miami does match the offer at about 2 seconds before the time expires and use the 24 hour span to use him as trade bait to get a 4th rounder or a 3rd in a packaged deal... Just my guess, going out on a limb

HOORAH:drinker:

Originally posted by unclemonty
KEEP HIM!!!!!! as i said b4 this contract is very nice. Next year Tim Bowens is gone. his salary cap number shoots through the roof , and at least one star has got to go. T Bowens is the odd man out.

Bowens base salary will only be around 2 Million. Cant see how you would justify cutting a pro bowl DT to save that amount.

where did you get the number $2 million. what i read said around $4-5 million. wondering where you read that. please reply

Tim Bowens base salaries

2002 650000.00
2003 850000.00
2004 2250000.00
2005 3100000.00
2006 3500000.00

From NFLPA website

Here you go, San Diego needs defensive linemen and cornerbacks. Lets bundle Haley, Fletcher and our second for their first! If Bobby Betherd were still there it might happen!

Back
Top Bottom