Any word on Monroe? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any word on Monroe?

I have no info on that, but IMO Monroe is no big prize and could be another mistake for us if signed. Jax would not have traded him if he was the caliber of Jon Ognen. He's average/above average so why pay high dolars for average..

Maybe the Jaguars knew they were not going to be able to re-sign him so why not ship him off and get what ya can? Plus they drafted Joeckle. No need.

ozzies gonna let others do the negotiating for him...:lol:

jk...pretty surprised no movement today on the monroe front...he must have some serious in the clouds contract demands...

Interesting the Ravens didn't think enough of him to tag him. They were far apart in getting a deal done so it's not like the Ravens were hoping to get it done by the deadline. The Ravens knew their only way of guaranteeing keeping Monroe would be to tag him but they didn't.

This:

Interesting the Ravens didn't think enough of him to tag him. They were far apart in getting a deal done so it's not like the Ravens were hoping to get it done by the deadline. The Ravens knew their only way of guaranteeing keeping Monroe would be to tag him but they didn't.

My point is he doesn't deserve high dollars(reasonable $) , so when he doesn't perform we r not screwed. He's not Elite IMO so why pay Elite?.

they could not franchise tag him , because they are tight in cap space

Question for you bro. Would you rather have Monroe or Albert?

I was once leaning toward Monroe but would settle for Albert. Now I am warming to Val from Oakland. He's younger and bigger and may not require as huge a paycheck as the other two.

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

they could not franchise tag him , because they are tight in cap space

The Ravens do have the room but you are right it would make their cap a lot tighter. IMO if they believed Monroe was their answer for the next 5 years they would have done whatever they had to do to keep him.

I was once leaning toward Monroe but would settle for Albert. Now I am warming to Val from Oakland. He's younger and bigger and may not require as huge a paycheck as the other two.

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

The Ravens do have the room but you are right it would make their cap a lot tighter. IMO if they believed Monroe was their answer for the next 5 years they would have done whatever they had to do to keep him.

Bro I am on vacation and don't have there cap numbers but they were very tight on cap space.

Bro I am on vacation and don't have there cap numbers but they were very tight on cap space.

You may be right but I thought I saw an article today about this. In that article it mentioned the Ravens have room because of the recent moves but were in doubt about tagging Monroe. My thinking is this however. If you as a GM have a LT who you believe is your LT for the next several years then you make room in your cap no matter what.

You may be right but I thought I saw an article today about this. In that article it mentioned the Ravens have room because of the recent moves but were in doubt about tagging Monroe. My thinking is this however. If you as a GM have a LT who you believe is your LT for the next several years then you make room in your cap no matter what.
I just checked over the cap and they estimate they have 28 mil to spend.

Back
Top Bottom