Any word out of the combines about what QBs Miami is looking at? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any word out of the combines about what QBs Miami is looking at?

StingRay

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Any word out of the combines about what QBs Miami is looking at? With a deep pool of QBs in this year's draft, which QBs have Wanny/Spielman been keeping an eye on, if any? I really hope that they don't disregard the QB position in this draft like they have been doing in the past. With Fiedler being a mediocre-at-best starting QB, and Ray Lucas on the way out, and Sage being a huge question mark, I would be really pissed if they didn't try to grab one of the QBs in this QB rich draft. So, what is the word out of Dolphin's camp in the combines?

Basically the only QB Miami will take is Dave Ragone. Trust me on that one. Maybe Simms, but we should really work on Rosenfels. He is the pocket passer that Norv's system really needs.

I wish I knew why you say the only QB miami will take is Dave Ragone, when they have been seen observing the workouts of and interviewing with Andy Sahm.

I meant top 10 qb in the second round.

And why exactly would we want Ragone? He's an extreme long-shot to ever be a starting NFL QB and he's dropping like a rock since the Senior Bowl.

I don't think Miami will draft a QB anyway. With only four picks and the FO high on Rosenfels we just might be set for the future.

Miami Dolphins senior vice president of football operations Rick Spielman spoke highly of backup QB Sage Rosenfels on Saturday. Rosenfels, who was acquired via a trade with Washington last year, will be entering his first off-season with the Dolphins. “We think Sage has a bright future in Norv’s [Turner] system,†Spielman said. “This will be a big off-season for him."

I really would like to see how he does with a training camp behind him. He has all he needs physically. He has good leadership skills and has only one major problem.

That is locking on to a primary receiver. That isn't a very hard thing to fix.

I liked Ragone mainly becuase he held a piece of #$%^ team together and is huge.

We made a good QB out of Fiedler so I think we can definitely make something good out of him.

Yeah I once thought that the Dolphins would be nuts not to draft a QB in this really deep QB class, but now I don't think we can afford to. We need help at LT, OLB, and WR...and considering the problems with Zach's negotiations...

Well its obvious we have to take care of LT through free agency. That means OLB and WR have to be a combo of free agency and draft. And without a first round pick I don't think we can afford to do the QB through the draft. We've basically got X amount of dollars, a 2nd rounder, and a 3rd rounder to take care of LT, 2 WRs, QB, and OLB. Don't think there's enough to go around.

I would still like to know what links the Dolphins with Dave Ragone other than your own fancy Jaj.

Just a guess, but you are right about Ragone. I just like him even though he may not be the right QB for the system.

Nothin wrong with Simms to me. But he's gone on record saying he'd like to do like his dad and play for Bill Parcells.

Chambers - why does Chris Simms suck - what led you to that well researched, film viewed judgement?

Probably because someone, sometime, somewhere said that Simms blows games when it counts and he believed him.

Originally posted by chambers84
Chris Simms sucks!! I'll be real pissed if we draft that spoiled brat!!!

I tend to agree with you there.
Most of the University of Texas games I've watched over the last 4 years, I have not been impressed with Chris Simms at all. During his first three yearsat Texas the team played much better when Major Applewhite was quarterbacking the team. Simms has also played horribly against Oklahoma during his carrer.

Back
Top Bottom