Any1 know where to get good cheap memorabilia | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any1 know where to get good cheap memorabilia

phinatic913

Rookie
Reaction score
any1 knows any1 or has a good site to get some good football memorabilia. particularly authentic full sized NFL helmets. Thanks

The problem with ebay is you dont know what is real or not. I used to work for Mounted Memories and did signings with players. Even if you get a letter of authenticity it still might be a fake. With computers now a days they are very easy to make. When I worked for Mounted we started including pictures of the players signing the items to prove they were real.

I get a lot off Ebay too. I haven't bought anything thats signed but thats not really what I'm into. i do think there are any number of group (companies) that do autograph signings that you can get that stuff through, anyway.

There is ALOT of bootleg stuff on Ebay no doubt. I have gone to the mitchell and ness web site and done the chat option with them and showed them adds and they told me what was real or not of their stuff. You might be able to do that with other companies stuff as well. I also have gone to pages like www.thefind.com and searched for the jersey I see on ebay and generally you can get an idea what the real one looks like and verify if what on ebay is real of even looks real.

That being said IMO it's hard to go wrong with a, let's say, $25.00-$45.00 authentic weight jersey with sewn on numbers/name even if it is a bootleg. My favorite jersey to wear is an Bootleg Marino that has '94 mitchell and ness tags but looks like a '84 Marino, I knew it was fake when I got it but because it has sewn on numbers/name (the authentic mitchell and ness '84 has screened on numbers/name) witch I like better PLUS it cost like $40 bucks and is a great jersey and pretty darn accurate of an '84. I spent about $240 less and don't need to worry about getting junk spilled on it.

I just bought a Taylor orange reebok authentic for $39.00 and I suspect it might be bootleg but I'll be damned if I can tell the difference between it and my other authentic reeboks.

Im sorry to say but I dont trust ebay in the slightest. I know there was another guy on here that said he used to work for Mounted Memories. I still do work there, and I can tell you the only companies I trust in the slightest are MM, Steiner, Tri Star, UDA, or Schwartz Sports. Those are the top guys in the industry. Just let me know if there is anything you are looking for, Ill be happy to help.

Back
Top Bottom