Anybody Else Catch The Jets Game Last Night? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anybody Else Catch The Jets Game Last Night?

Bound2Fail77

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Man did they look horrible last night. Especially their offense. And offensive line. Which was getting whipped pretty good. They couldn't open up any holes, nor could they pass protect.

They ended up with 112 yards of total offense on 65 plays! And 96 of that came on the ground (on 34 carries - 2.8 yrd avg).

-Shonn Greene had 10 yards on 6 carries.
-McKnight had 28 yards on 11 carries. But fumbled.
-And LT actually looked good to me, but only carried the ball 3 times for 26 yards. And had a couple receptions for a yard a piece, also.

Sanchez was pitiful. Forcing balls that were incomplete while he had wide open check downs. Over throwing guys on several occasions. And he was lucky to avoid two sure interceptions. Not to mention failed to get the Jets in the end zone despite great field position on two separate Carolina muffed punts. Which began on the 35 and 12 yard line of Carolina. He ended up 5 of 10 for 12 yards and another mid 50's QB rating, playing just into the beginning of the 2nd quarter.

Sure, I know it's pre-season. But where's this Super Bowl team we keep hearing about?

Edit: Some reading material.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5483321

Last edited by a moderator:
McKnight sucks. They better hope Shonn can hold up as the full-time back, and that LT still has something left in the tank.

I haven't seen the game yet, but it sounds like the Jets didn't care about this one, and their starters weren't in long (not that the starters on offense were doing much). They seem awfully unconcerned about their performance, though, saying it'll be different next week with a gameplan and starters staying in. Will be interesting to see the spin if the offense struggles again...

McKnight sucks. They better hope Shonn can hold up as the full-time back, and that LT still has something left in the tank.

I haven't seen the game yet, but it sounds like the Jets didn't care about this one, and their starters weren't in long (not that the starters on offense were doing much). They seem awfully unconcerned about their performance, though, saying it'll be different next week with a gameplan and starters staying in. Will be interesting to see the spin if the offense struggles again...

I think I heard that Greene hasn't played a full season since high school. And I don't make much out of the preseason but I always thought Sanchez was nothing special. Glad to see he is the same guy. And it's not like the Panthers have a great defense either.

Like everyone should already know....the preseason carries no weight to me.I just want to come out of it reasonably healthy.I still think all teams(including us)are playing possum right now.There's absolutely no way,that any team is coming out and opening their playbooks for all to see.They're just running scrimmages,and getting in shape,but that's it.Not that they're not trying of course,but saving the gravy for opening day......IMO

We suck, we will be lucky to win 3 games all year. Obviously we take everything we see in week 2(at least negatively as I notcied no one mentions the D and STs) and apply that to the regular season. of course we also have to ignore how well the O and sanchez looked in pre week 1 for this theory.

I love that people hate us so much they take a meaningles qtr of football and act like we suck b/c of it.

We suck, we will be lucky to win 3 games all year. Obviously we take everything we see in week 2(at least negatively as I notcied no one mentions the D and STs) and apply that to the regular season. of course we also have to ignore how well the O and sanchez looked in pre week 1 for this theory.

I love that people hate us so much they take a meaningles qtr of football and act like we suck b/c of it.

Yes your right you might only win 3 games.................it's not only about the #1's it's the #2's aswell, and they sucked.

Yes your right you might only win 3 games.................it's not only about the #1's it's the #2's aswell, and they sucked.

using that logic wouldn't we still be really tough as we only allwed 3 pts all game? Our O could be as bad as can be but we can still win plenty of games iof our D a,llows only 3 points, right?

I like how our second team defense shut down their starting O. That was pretty cool.

It's true that we didn't look too good on offense. But I wouldn't worry about it junc. If the offense scored 35 points & racked up 300 yards, all we'd be hearing is how the game didn't matter and how bad the Pathers are.

It's true that we didn't look too good on offense. But I wouldn't worry about it junc. If the offense scored 35 points & racked up 300 yards, all we'd be hearing is how the game didn't matter and how bad the Pathers are.

I was only joking. I never get too high or too low based on minicamps, training camp or preseason games.

I have to agree with Junc here. You can't put to much stock into preseason games. I mean honestly the Jets first team looked really good the first week and the second week they didn't look as good. So really, it breaks even. And I am only talking about their starters, which that was the point of the original post.

wow junc, you finally are speaking the truth. im proud.

I was only joking. I never get too high or too low based on minicamps, training camp or preseason games.

Oh, I agree. You can't worry too much about how a team looks in the preseason. I've always considered the 3rd preseason game the only halfway important one because that's the game where the starters seem to play the most. Even then, it's a really vanilla game plan.

Oh, I agree. You can't worry too much about how a team looks in the preseason. I've always considered the 3rd preseason game the only halfway important one because that's the game where the starters seem to play the most. Even then, it's a really vanilla game plan.

I remember in 1992 we went 5-0 in preseason then won 4 games all regular season, I also remmeber '06 where our first team O looked brutal and I don't think they scored a TD(maybe not even a point) yet come week 1 they scored w/ ease at a good Ten team. It's just pratice games to get teams ready for the year, all I care about is good health.

Preseason or not, Sanchez still hasn't shown that he's ready to make the leap to legit NFL starter. That doesn't mean he won't. I just think there's cause for concern for the Jets.

Last year, everything fell right for NY, with them making a deep run in spite of their rookie QB. Their defense will be great again, but in an increasingly-pass heavy league, I'm wondering how good teams can be without a guy who can read defenses and consistently throw the ball down the field.

Back
Top Bottom