Anybody else reamed by Steelers call? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anybody else reamed by Steelers call?

phinman1

Seriously now
Reaction score
WTF? Had some money on Pitt -5 vs. Chargers. That last TD should have counted. I'm not one for conspiracy, but that game was one of the worst officiated games I've seen in a while, and that last call was icing on the cake.

Officiating in the NFL is becoming a joke man.

The attempt by the refs to explain why it didn't count sounded like a 3 yr. old explaining the theory of relativity.

Think they got it right.

The first lateral was actually a forward pass, which is illegal meaning the play was dead at that stage. But I'm not too sure as I'd have to look at it again.

But I agree that was a very badly refed game.

IMO, it should have counted. I didn't think it was a forward pass, and I know this sounds stupid but, it seemed the refs made the call just because it made things easier as most the players were on the field etc.

Your not alone in your anger....I didn't have money on it, but I heard people in Vegas were going crazy and more than a couple of fights started because of it.

Think they got it right.

The first lateral was actually a forward pass, which is illegal meaning the play was dead at that stage. But I'm not too sure as I'd have to look at it again.

But I agree that was a very badly refed game.

Not true. Per NFL rules, even if there is an illegal forward lateral, that penalty may be declined by the defense and therefore the result of the play stands.

That's one of the reasons I don't bet on NFL games. Your money is riding on things that don't really effect the outcome of the game.

The only people who should care are fantasy football players and gamblers.

I'm into fantasy but Polamalu's play had nothing to do with the outcome of my games so it makes no difference to me

WTF? Had some money on Pitt -5 vs. Chargers. That last TD should have counted. I'm not one for conspiracy, but that game was one of the worst officiated games I've seen in a while, and that last call was icing on the cake.

Officiating in the NFL is becoming a joke man.

The attempt by the refs to explain why it didn't count sounded like a 3 yr. old explaining the theory of relativity.

Becarefull critizing the referees, if someone from the NFL reads your post. They may track you throur IP Adress and send you a fine in the mail.

The boothe clearly got the call wrong and should of let the call stand on the field as it was. I could care less about Vegas or fantasy leagues but I do care that they screwed up the call. It could of been the difference between winning and losing it just so happens that it wasnt. It also effects Troy Polamalu's records of achievments, he should of been given a FF and TD recorvey. What if he comes up one short of tieing or breaking a record thanks to a wrong call.

I also think Godell should audit the finacial records of the person that made that call. A full investigation should be done to ensure that this guy has no ties to Vegas.

... Was screaming at the TV when it happened, then calmed down when it was overturned.

Looks like it goes both ways.

Back
Top Bottom