Anybody going to the Dolphins Draft Party at Stadium? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anybody going to the Dolphins Draft Party at Stadium?

Fin-Loco

Grilling Chicken Little
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
With so many picks on day one, I'm sure we all are thinking of going out for night one. Lot's of Dolphins fans calling in Sick on Thurs I bet. Not a season ticket holder, does anyone know what the Dolphins are planning and how we can get in?

Nope. Work. And Miami hasn't done anything to deserve time off from work worthy of excuses. March Madness is right around the corner, will be traveling for that.

With so many picks on day one, I'm sure we all are thinking of going out for night one. Lot's of Dolphins fans calling in Sick on Thurs I bet. Not a season ticket holder, does anyone know what the Dolphins are planning and how we can get in?

I went last year and It was a good time. It is free attend. It was outside of the stadium entrance and had appearances by many players, cheerleaders and personalities. Took pictures with Joe Rose, Crowder, Bobby McCain, the Lombardi trophy, Raekwon McMillan. Plenty of games and experiences for all ages.

Rose and Crowder handled the commentating. Get there early if you want a sit down close to the stage but really I didn't mind standing off to the side with the crowd.

There will be people attempting to spoil picks via Twitter so just tell em to shut the hell up and they do that.

Crowd was definitely expecting Haskins last year. No boos but not a ton of excitement either when Wilkins was announced. People got more hype when Wilkins did the jump into Goodell.

I have a Phins Man Cave. Should I charge a cover?

I wish, but living in NY, the trip to Miami is a once in a great while experience. Instead, I’ll be doing my usual ritual, sitting at home, listening to my Giants-fan friend criticize every Dolphins pick, while his team passes on Josh Allen for Daniel Jones

I went last year and It was a good time. It is free attend. It was outside of the stadium entrance and had appearances by many players, cheerleaders and personalities. Took pictures with Joe Rose, Crowder, Bobby McCain, the Lombardi trophy, Raekwon McMillan. Plenty of games and experiences for all ages.

Rose and Crowder handled the commentating. Get there early if you want a sit down close to the stage but really I didn't mind standing off to the side with the crowd.

There will be people attempting to spoil picks via Twitter so just tell em to shut the hell up and they do that.

Crowd was definitely expecting Haskins last year. No boos but not a ton of excitement either when Wilkins was announced. People got more hype when Wilkins did the jump into Goodell.
So, you just show up or you get free tickets from somewhere? Coming from the other side so want to make sure I don't get there and roll snake eyes.

So, you just show up or you get free tickets from somewhere? Coming from the other side so want to make sure I don't get there and roll snake eyes.

Prior to the draft, the Dolphins will provide fans the ability to reserve tickets for admission to the draft party on their website.

I forgot to mention that because they literally did not check a single ticket or confirmation of tickets last year. That said still cover yourself just in case as this has the potential to be a crowded house with Miami having 3 picks and the chance at a franchise QB.

I enjoy watching at home where I can obsess over every available analysis pick by pick, and watch our picks on both channels.

I used to love when the draft started on Saturday. I would fire up the grill and have a cooler full of beer on deck, have the Sun Sentinel sports section ready and try to do my own mock drafts and maybe a few family members or friends would come by and we make a weekend out of it.

Now if I have to work I just make sure I pickup some takeout or the wife will throw together something and I just go into my mini man cave and browse Finheaven and flip channels between the coverages.

But last year was fun at the stadium. I went with my boy and we enjoyed it to the point where I might do it again this year. Still was able to browse on here a bit as well.

Only negative was the price of food/drink. I was on Tequila during the mini tailgate we did and I wanted to stay on it and they were serving it outside . . . $12 for 1 pour or $17 for 2. No brainer I went with 2 but still I could do better at home lol.

Plenty of women out there as well

Damn I remember when the draft was on a Tuesday and it started like at 8 am and it lasted till about 2am as there were 12 rounds. espn used to show the first round only and maybe part of the 2nd round and then you'd have to wait till the next day to read the paper and see who else your team drafted.
As for this year, I rather just be home with the TV and laptop on hand and in the VIP chatroom where we can all talk about the draft.

I used to love when the draft started on Saturday. I would fire up the grill and have a cooler full of beer on deck, have the Sun Sentinel sports section ready and try to do my own mock drafts and maybe a few family members or friends would come by and we make a weekend out of it.

Now if I have to work I just make sure I pickup some takeout or the wife will throw together something and I just go into my mini man cave and browse Finheaven and flip channels between the coverages.

But last year was fun at the stadium. I went with my boy and we enjoyed it to the point where I might do it again this year. Still was able to browse on here a bit as well.

Only negative was the price of food/drink. I was on Tequila during the mini tailgate we did and I wanted to stay on it and they were serving it outside . . . $12 for 1 pour or $17 for 2. No brainer I went with 2 but still I could do better at home lol.

Plenty of women out there as well
I agree. I HATE it being on weekday nights. I used to have a similar little weekend draft getogether. Smoked some pulled pork and just chilled and bathed in the full two days.

I agree. I HATE it being on weekday nights. I used to have a similar little weekend draft getogether. Smoked some pulled pork and just chilled and bathed in the full two days.

Yea definitely take the Friday off if you are staying for the whole first round. We did that but many people left after the Wilkins pick. I think we ended up leaving after 11 and then hit Tootsies for a drink before heading home. Working Thursday didn't bother me as I got off at 3:30. I wanna say I got down to the stadium around 6.

im flying down wednesday night and making a mini vacation out of it. I will be at the stadium thursday night for sure.

Back
Top Bottom