Anybody hear Wanny on ESPN Radio? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anybody hear Wanny on ESPN Radio?

Johnnymost

Over Worked
Reaction score
Yesterday morning on Mike and Mike live from Pittsburgh. I thought I was listening to a Miami Dolphins Press conference. I was driving to work, and I heard Wanny talking about the commitment of the President of the university. From the STANDPOINT of the players and coaches we feel we are close to bringing a National championship back to Pittsburgh. Same speech, just the names have changed.:shakeno:

Johnnymost said:
Yesterday morning on Mike and Mike live from Pittsburgh. I thought I was listening to a Miami Dolphins Press conference. I was driving to work, and I heard Wanny talking about the commitment of the President of the university. From the STANDPOINT of the players and coaches we feel we are close to bringing a National championship back to Pittsburgh. Same speech, just the names have changed.:shakeno:
Pitt just went to the cellar in the big East!

Rutgers is jumping for joy!!!

I am glad that Wanny era is over with :D

DW will be fine in Pitt. Like it or not, he's a coach with NFL experience. A college team cant get much better than that with the winning percentage and defensive mind he has.

I don't know I just took a peak over at the Pitt board and they seem to love the hire. Wanny just got Matt Cavanaugh to be OC and they seem to be loving the staff as of now. Kinda like us a little upset that some didn't stay on board but overall excited. If he has good coaches around him he could do well in college. I mean he is at Pitt, not a huge college football program so he will be given some time to turn them around. Hell they were a good program and just lost some good players this year. It will be fun to watch Wanny and see what he does and what he learned while being an NFL head coach. His press conference's should be a hoot.

Pitt already has a great QB in Palko, but they find trouble protecting him.

Remember, a lot of NFL coaches did awesome in college. Wanny could find himself having some success here.

I hear if Fielder is out football dave is offering him the quaterbacks coach position..and if Dave was such a good guy why isn't he taking some of his assitant coaches like Wise...I heard the other day he wasn't planning on bringing not even one of his former coaches

dolfan3033 said:
DW will be fine in Pitt. Like it or not, he's a coach with NFL experience. A college team cant get much better than that with the winning percentage and defensive mind he has.

He winning percentage suks in the NFL. His percentage with the dolphins is over .500 but as a whole in the NFL, he is below .500. HE has never been a good NFL coach period.

Whatsdatson20 said:
He winning percentage suks in the NFL. His percentage with the dolphins is over .500 but as a whole in the NFL, he is below .500. HE has never been a good NFL coach period.
Maybe you didn't understand me? I said he would be a good college coach. He'll do fine in Pitt.

I use to love hearing these Wannstedt apologists always saying that DW had a winning record, blah, blah, blah. Since when is not going to the play off's a "winning record." He was mediocre at best!! We got Chicago's sloppy second's and now Pitt is going to have the same. Perhaps I shouldn't say anything until I give him a chance, but I'm willing to bet the farm on it!!:roflmao: :roflmao:

dolfan3033 said:

Funny, these sound just like the words we were saying when Wanny first arrived in Miami....then I hear his Pitt Press Confrence and it almost takes me to what the Bears fans were listening too when he also first arrived in Miami...Its like they knew what we were getting into.

Back
Top Bottom