Anybody know why Wade............... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anybody know why Wade...............

DeDolfan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
is an UFA instead of a RFA?

He only has 4 yrs experience and I thought anuything <5 yrs was a RFA.

Heeeeeeeeeeelp !!

Originally posted by Bodzilla29
I think anything under 4 years is RFA or ERFA. If you play four years you are granted UFA.

< 5 years........ straight from the CBA itself...........

Any Veteran player with three or more Accrued Seasons, but less than five Accrued Seasons (or less than four Accrued Seasons in any Capped Year), shall, at the expiration of his last Player Contract during such period, become a Restricted Free Agent. Any such player shall be completely free to negotiate and sign a Player Contract with any Club, and any Club shall be completely free to negotiate and sign a Player Contract with any such player, subject to the restrictions set forth in this Article.

Must be som'n deeper elsewhere i guess.
Thanks anyway!! ;)

I'm pretty sure it's 3 years or less myself. That's why there was that huge fight last year about getting players to sign for 4 years or more because agents didn't want to lock their players away from RFA and FA.

Originally posted by VanDolPhan
I'm pretty sure it's 3 years or less myself. That's why there was that huge fight last year about getting players to sign for 4 years or more because agents didn't want to lock their players away from RFA and FA.

ogun has 4 years experience. There are 2 levels of RFA that I'm aware of. <3 yrs and <4 yrs with the later providing with higher salaries in the tenders.

Here's a link to the CBA, check it out and see what you make of it.

http://www.nflpa.org/media/main.asp?subPage=CBA+Complete

It's all about "credited seasons"

If a player has fewer than 3 credited seasons---------EFA

If a player has 3 credited seasons ---------> RFA

If a player has 4 or more credited seasons --------> UFA

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
It's all about &quot;credited seasons&quot;

If a player has 3 credited seasons ---------&gt; RFA

If a player has 4 or more credited seasons --------&gt; UFA

Well said Clump.
Ogun was out for one entire season, hence he is an RFA.
Last season he was an EFA, because of only two seasons of service (even though he got paid three years).

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
It's all about &quot;credited seasons&quot;

If a player has 3 credited seasons ---------&gt; RFA

If a player has 4 or more credited seasons --------&gt; UFA

That must be it! i went back anf looked at some of the verbage in both uFA and RFA, etc. $%@#^%$#$%^& legal system!! if they had it all written in simple English, then the lawyers would all be out of jobs! Not that it would be a bAD thing now !! :D :D

Thanks !!

Back
Top Bottom