Anybody think David Wells is dogging it? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anybody think David Wells is dogging it?

inFINSible

Don't believe everything you think.
Reaction score
His knee is probably shot but, you gotta admit, after begging all off-season to be traded and not getting his way....now he says he may have to retire because of the knee.....it does seem kinda fishy doesn't it?

I'm not buying it. He didn't get what he wanted so, this is his passive-aggressive way to get even.

Exactly what you'd expect from and ex-yankee/blue jay.:shakeno: :goof:

Eh, I think there's a difference between dogging it and doing a lousy job of staying in shape. I wouldn't question Wells' commitment to winning, but obviously his ability (and desire) to take care of his body is an issue.

I don't think he's dogging it, he's just old and it's harder to stay in shape when your aging.

MARINO1384 said:
I don't think he's dogging it, he's just old and it's harder to stay in shape when your aging.

It's even harder to stay in shape when you're not trying. Wells has had a beer gut for at least a decade and actually had (I still can't believe this), an attack of gout a couple years ago.

He puts no effort into his conditioning. That's all it is. He could be in LA, SD, SF, NY, Boston.......whatever. Nothing would be different.

phunwin said:
It's even harder to stay in shape when you're not trying. Wells has had a beer gut for at least a decade and actually had (I still can't believe this), an attack of gout a couple years ago.

True but he's never really been big on staying in shape even when he was young.

phunwin said:

:yes:
Fernando Valenzuela anyone??

Wells has too much respect for the game to dog it. Say what you want about the fat slob, but he respects the history of the sport. He respects the game itself. He is just old and out of shape. Nothing more nothing less.

Im sure being a fat tub of lard doesnt help a knee problem, Im no doctor though.

Back
Top Bottom