Anybody up for a stroll down memory lane... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anybody up for a stroll down memory lane...

Originally posted by dolphan39
no having the re-match ag the Bears in 85 - when we were better than '84 IMO - was devasting

Of course, half the Patriots playing on coke didn't help them out beating our Dolphins in '85.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by dolphan39
no having the re-match ag the Bears in 85 - when we were better than '84 IMO - was devasting
we can always think we were better than the bears, this last loss to the pats, we have to wonder where the hell the wheels came off! and ths jets getting in was the pits!:rolleyes:

spydertl79 said:
The worse one I remember is that 63-7 loss to Jacksonville that ended Dan's career.:cry:
yeah, what even made it worse was we were camping with a club and some dude who is a packer fan announced the score at an assemby that we have every month! :(

spydertl79 said:
The worse one I remember is that 63-7 loss to Jacksonville that ended Dan's career.:cry:

i try to forget and think that game was ever played, that was one of the darkest days in dolphins history :(

I remember a story about a pizza place who promised to reduce the price of pizza 1$ for every TD Jax scored. They were giveing away free pizza in the 4th quarter. I remember wanting Dan to deck Jimmy sooo bad.

spydertl79 said:
I remember a story about a pizza place who promised to reduce the price of pizza 1$ for every TD Jax scored. They were giveing away free pizza in the 4th quarter. I remember wanting Dan to deck Jimmy sooo bad.
i really don't think dan was as ready to come back as a person would think. it was all jimmy. the fans wanted marino and jimmy supplied him! that was jimm's way of saying he was smarter and get marino out of dodge! :mad:

who was on that jacksonville team. I remember the stomping, but cant remember who was doing it.

spydertl79 said:
It was actually 62-7, not that it makes much difference. yea that was the worst game I've ever seen too.

Outrider01 said:
who was on that jacksonville team. I remember the stomping, but cant remember who was doing it.

Mark Brunell-QB, Fred Taylor-RB, Tony Boselli-OT, Keenan Mccardell-WR. It was hard to tell them apart they were moving so fast. It was all a blurr. Our great Defense was worn out after the intense effort in Seattle and had no legs left thanks to JJ's run-em-into-the-ground practice regimen.

:confused: Texx

tex2731 said:
Mark Brunell-QB, Fred Taylor-RB, Tony Boselli-OT, Keenan Mccardell-WR. It was hard to tell them apart they were moving so fast. It was all a blurr. Our great Defense was worn out after the intense effort in Seattle and had no legs left thanks to JJ's run-em-into-the-ground practice regimen.

:confused: Texx

Well they were 14-2 that year, and were favored to beat us in their home. However i dont think they should have disgraced us 62-7 like that, especially in Dans final game. They had Jimmy Smith, Tony Brackens, Carnell Lake, Leon Searcy, Kevin Hardy to name a few other quality all-pro's, but nothing to the point of a 62-7 beat down....that was tragic.

QB2RonnieTD23 said:
Well they were 14-2 that year, and were favored to beat us in their home. However i dont think they should have disgraced us 62-7 like that, especially in Dans final game. They had Jimmy Smith, Tony Brackens, Carnell Lake, Leon Searcy, Kevin Hardy to name a few other quality all-pro's, but nothing to the point of a 62-7 beat down....that was tragic.
That season was upsetting, excpessially when it got to the point where you just knew we would be better off with out dan. I think we were doing great then his first game back he threw like 3 or 4 picks and dallas killed us.

Back
Top Bottom