Anybody want to make a trade? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anybody want to make a trade?

The Bopkin

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
Hello All
The other day I was cleaning out some old boxes and I found a copy of a book I bought a few years ago. It is called "Shark Among Dolphins: Inside Jimmy Johnson's Transformation of the Miami Dolphins". It details Shula's ousting, Johnson's hiring, and week by week of the 1996 season. It's really a good book. It is a covered hardback in perfect condition. I put it in a pile to take to the used book store where I trade, but then I re-thought- before I just dump it, I'd thought I'd see if any die-hards on this board would be interested in it.

I know a lot of you keep videos of old/recent Dolphins games and can dub them. Right now, I've been working on building my own video library of Dolphins games. All I would like in return for the book is, for those of you who can, is a trade of a couple of games. I would send you the book and the blank video tapes in a pre-addressed, postage-paid envelope. You would incur NO expense. All you would have to do is dub the videos, put them in the envelope and drop them in the mail. If this is something anyone would be interested in, please email me at: mkhes@bellatlantic.net

My holy grail of games is the 1985 Playoff game versus the Browns. But I figure that's a long shot. Really, I'd like the 2001 comeback in Buffalo and the 1996 season opener, but I'm open to almost anything.

Like I said, if anyone is interested, that would be great. If not, that's fine, I'll just take the book to the used book store. Thanks, guys.

(I hope this doesn't violate any kind of Finheaven policy or rule. If it does, I am sorry. Please let me know. )

Great find!

I have this book. Another great one is Don Strock's book Behind the Lines.

I also have this book. It's very good.

I've never read Strock's. But you're right. I actually re-read the Jimmy Johnson book before I decided to post it. What happened with Shula was pretty interesting.

Strocks book is so good because you really got an interesting perspective into the years transtioning from old Dolphin era into Marino era. Then you can tie it together with Jimmy's book.

In fact if you were so inclined you could chronicle a decent Dolphin history with the "we were 17-0" and "Butch and Sundance" books from the 70's to Strock's book, then to Jimmy's book. We need something to chronicle the Wanny/Fiedler era (insert joke here) but it is an interesting idea.

Back
Top Bottom