‘anybody With The Naked Eye’ Could See Dolphins’ Struggles, Gase Said. Can They Fix It? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

‘anybody With The Naked Eye’ Could See Dolphins’ Struggles, Gase Said. Can They Fix It?

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Apparently even though Gase knows what the problem is, he is not going to do anything about this. I'll give you an analogy, Burke is like a malignant melanoma. Your doctor sees it, but he tells you we are not going to do anything about it. I'll discuss it with my colleagues and we will see where you are in 6 months months. Meanwhile the cancer is ravaging your body. If you can see the problem, CUT IT OUT AND GET RID OF IT. Don't let me die before you do anything about it. These coaches that we have had for the last 21yrs. have gone from arrogant, to clueless, to being obtuse and indignant. Gase needs to go, Burke needs to go, TBum needs to go and Ross needs to go but that's not going to happen.

gasegrimace.jpg

“When we let up the amount of points that we let up and played as bad as we did on defense and we have a lot of things to clean up on offense, I’ll probably spend most of my time working through all this stuff,” Gase said.

There’s a lot to work through after Thursday’s loss that has a Miami team that was once upon a time 3-0 now sitting at 4-4 midway through the season.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article220657645.html

Last edited:
Good ol' Dolphins, spend the season diagnosing the problem, spend the off-season not addressing the problem and repeat the following year.

I don't know of we are fans because we are gluttons for punishment or if we are just stupid, but this cyclical decision making at the top has got to end.

Some malignancies are such that the procedure required to remove them are intolerable to the host, or terminal.

I've always given Gase the benefit of the doubt, but that benefit is slowly disappearing.
I think he's in over his head, and his next stop will be as an OC somewhere.
He might be lucky to get that. I could easily see him becoming like Philbin, a position coach, or McCoy hired as a coordinator and then fired from that

Gase is also the problem.

Yes he is. A major problem along with all his side kicks. It just amazes me every week we hear the same BS out of Gase. WTF is it. Are the schemes that complicated that the players can’t comprehend what to do. All I hear is if the players would do what they are asked to do and execute the play we wouldn’t have these problems. We need to coach them up better. Blah blah blah. Shouldn’t you be coaching them the fng best you could possibly coach them every single day starting in the off season. My lord it’s ridiculous horseshit excuses constantly! Well obviously they can’t since this crap has been happening since Gase has been here so now what Genius? Ross please start talking to everyone you know in the NFL and ask them for recommendations on who they would want running all of the Football operations if they owned a team. Whoever is the most highly recommended pay them whatever they want to take over but only stipulation is anyone currently involved in Football operations is let go.

Some malignancies are such that the procedure required to remove them are intolerable to the host, or terminal.
I can assure that if Burke were removed, the organization would go into a remission. I don't know if it would permanent, but it would give alot of fans relief from the disease that has afflicted this franchise for the last 18yrs..

right there is his biggest problem........he said he "wont blame anybody, the offense hasn't been good for the last 3 years'.....it tells you right there that he still thinks as an OC and not as a HC

right there is his biggest problem........he said he "wont blame anybody, the offense hasn't been good for the last 3 years'.....it tells you right there that he still thinks as an OC and not as a HC
Well, we don't know who gets called out in the locker room. It's best to keep that in house. It was obvious to me, watching Wake's post game, that he thought the blame defensively was on players not playing their assignments.

I agree, Gase is living in his OC world, and therefore not doing the big picture job.

I have to question why you would hire a head coach that must have told you he had zero intention of being involved in the defense (unless Buddy Ryan is your DC).

like i said in another thread....when the offense sucks as bad as it has and thats supposed to be gases baby, hes an "offensive guru" apparently...how can gase call out anyone else?

he is the head coach and if burkes scheme is the issue then gase is to blame because he allowed this scheme to be implemented in the first place...the scheme is the same scheme from last year, its not like all of a sudden gase determined it was crap after the texans game...

Gase has nobody to blame but himself at this point, hes out of scapegoats in my opinion.

As head coach, Gase has to be accountable for all facets of the team and while Burke sucks, firing Burke isnt going to change anything. Gase is still going to call a crappy offense and he will probably hire another lame duck DC with no prior experience and itll all be the same results in the end.

I wanted Gase to succeed. I thought his offense showed some promise but over the course of 3 years i see that Gase is conservative and stubborn. He is uncapable of change and adapting. His slow starts have plagued this team for his entire tenure here. To be fair it dates back to Philbin too but if Gase was a good coach he would look at these slow starts and change up the way he calls plays early in games. The fact slow starts are still plaguing this team this long into his coaching here shows that he isnt capable of addressing an issue and correcting it. His offense is so great and complex no player can learn the playbook and execute it. At the end of the day Gase needs to be asking himself maybe its the playbook and/or the guy calling the plays that is the issue.

The defense has been bad, Burkes scheme is just bad...theres no question about it. It doesnt put players in position to make plays, its easy for offenses to exploit. But firing Burke isnt going to make me feel any better about Gases chances of actually turning this team around, the problems with this team as a whole go alot deeper than just Burkes scheme, and they start with Gase.

Adam Next yr find a real DC. Vance will be available. He will get fired from Denver. Why play wide9 when u losing every week or behind in game every week .. I understand players are hurt but we can still won some of games. Right now we are playing for draft position now.

Back
Top Bottom