Anyone been to cleveland for a game? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone been to cleveland for a game?

finfromthenorth

Starter
Club Member
Reaction score
I am looking at going to Cleveland for the home opener. Anyone been to the stadium? I was also wondering for any info on if sitting in row 3 field level is too close to see anything. Tickets will be at the 20-30 yard line. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

The only thing I know is that their stadium and uniforms are the color of poo.

I've been to a few games in Ohio. The stadium is an average stadium. Fans are chirpy if you wear your fins gear but I always ask how many superbowls the Browns have won and then there is almost instant silence.

I'm looking at Cleveland , too. The Colts are actually closer to me, but more expensive tickets.

I'm thinking I'll be there this year. My friends and I are looking into tickets

If your visiting sit lower bowl. Upper bowl is rough on opposing fans. Gets a little rowdy and like to pick some fights occasionally

I have been there, its a newer stadium so not really any bad seats. Ill probably get to see that game and the Steeler game this year and im pumped!

Cleveland is Buffalo's ugly sister...if that can be possible.

If your visiting sit lower bowl. Upper bowl is rough on opposing fans. Gets a little rowdy and like to pick some fights occasionally

I'd imagine they are even rowdier for week 1 games, they are probably pretty subdued by week 15 generally.

Then there is this:

Btw, those of you who have never been to Cleveland.......

If you get an opportunity to go, DONT.

I've been to a few games in Ohio. The stadium is an average stadium. Fans are chirpy if you wear your fins gear but I always ask how many superbowls the Browns have won and then there is almost instant silence.

Meanwhile, the Browns have won a lot more league championships than we have. It's fairly silly to confine it to the Super Bowl era. They had a dominant decade from the mid '40s to mid '50s, including considerable skepticism when they moved up to the big league. It turned into instant championships and appearances in the title game virtually every year until Otto Graham retired.

That may seem like long ago but we are 40 years removed. The Browns' most recent title was less than a decade earlier, 1964.

Eventually it blends, like college teams that count titles prior to the final polls being conducted after the bowl games. You could win a title then lose the bowl game.

Vince Lombardi certainly didn't become a legend based on Super Bowls, the '66 and '67 Packers. His legacy was cemented long before that, with 1962 considered his best team.

Anyway, I've been to that stadium, albeit for an exhibition game when it was brand new slightly more than a decade ago. It's a great location near the water but isn't really angled well so you can see the lake, or any type of nice view. Stupid compared to other examples, like Huskie Stadium. Everybody funnels out to the south, by necessity, because the lake is to the north, so exiting the stadium was a hassle. Overall it's a good basic design, certainly louder than ours. The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is not far away, along with a science and industry museum that's mostly for kids.

That summer I toured Cincinnati, Cleveland and Columbus, because they were major cities I'd barely visited and didn't know anything about. I haven't been back to any of them, if that says anything. For some reason I'm more drawn to Saratoga.

I have been there many times. Nice stadium. All the hotels are in walking distance to the stadium. Prices for everything (including tickets) are very reasonable.

Great place for a football game.

I went two years ago and sat eight rows up from the field dolphins side and were great seats. Didn't have any problems during the game, but after was another story.

Back
Top Bottom