Anyone Catch "Inside The NFL"...? What is Collinsworth's problem? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone Catch "Inside The NFL"...? What is Collinsworth's problem?

Cris Carter grew up idolizing this pompous twit. He even changed the way he spells his name because of Collinsworth. Luckily, Carter didn't choose to emulate Collinsworth's "I have this look on my face because I just pooped my pants" face that he puts on for the camera. Collinsworth is and always will be a Bunghole. I wanna snap his long beak off him when he starts squawking his nonsense.

collinsworth said on nfl.com that IF the phins win home field advantage throuout they would be far and away the front runners to go to the super bowl. however, i think he meant that if they didn't win homefield they are screwed.

only time will tell...

Well here's a quote from the horses mouth himself..

CRIS COLLINSWORTH (FOX)
"They're all still alive; that's the problem. How about the Bengals? Seriously, it can't be Pittsburgh because it never wins the AFC Championship Game at home. Oakland lost it two years ago the last time it had a chance to win at home. The team that appears to be the hottest right now is Tennessee, and it's playing so well it could win anywhere. So I would say Miami. The Dolphins have the best home record of all the AFC contenders at 7-1 and they're only 2-4 on the road. For a team that plays in the warmth of Miami to go north for games, they just don't play well. The flip side is the cold-weather teams that would have to go and play in the heat of Miami. The Dolphins have been notorious lately for not being able to get past the divisional round of the playoffs. If they get home-field advantage, they'd be far and away the favorite to win the AFC."

I like Collinsworth. In his defense it did strike me as a bit odd that all anyone could talk about was the Miami game what what a dominant performance our D laid down, even though they scored 17 points and had a chance to come down in the 2 minute drill and score the winning touchdown if it weren't for Pat Surtain.

I mean, we've put on more dominant performances than that against other teams and didn't even get any accolades. What about the San Diego game? If it weren't for our tail-whippin them, they'd be 9-5 too.

I don't care what Collinsworth says as long as we keep winning. Personally I have noticed a big change this year, with the Dolphins getting a lot of national exposure and lots of praise from various sources who usually are onone to quick to point out our follies and ignore our strengths.

Regarding the "we" argument. It seems to me that when the team you root for is winning and enjoying the spoils of victory, fans tend to say "WE WON" and statements of that nature. However, when the team loses it is "they lost" or "they are terrible" and so on and so forth. I think it stems from human nature to attach to the crowd, be popular one of the guys, so to speak. When one loses, human nature tends for us to segregate us from those and criticize them as not one of us. Cris Collinsworth has felt this his entire life and has grown older and more bitter towards winning players and people such as Dan Marino. :lol:

Collinsworth has been bitter towards Miami because he wanted to be a Dolphin coming out of college, but Shula didn't want him.

I use "we" instead of "they" because it's two letters shorter.

Back
Top Bottom