Anyone Collect Dolphin FB Cards? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone Collect Dolphin FB Cards?

I used to collect but have grown out of it. I have about 200 Marino cards, including his rookie card. I also have a game-worn jersey card of Zach Thomas. That's a pretty cool card. :)

Originally posted by chambers84
I've got tons and tons of Dolphins cards, as well as other players/sports. It is addicting...and expensive. With the averqage box of cards selling at aroung $125 as loew as $50 and as 1 box as high as $450. It's nuts!!!
I have the entire '83 set for the whole league including rookies(Elway,Marino,Kelly) do you think there worth a lot? They are in excellent condition.

I collect. I have a couple of thousand cards. The Fins adn vintage stuff si what I really like. The cards that came from before mass production hit the hobby.

Maybe we get AJ to set up a trading/memorabilia forum!!

I too collect Dolphins cards and memorabilia. I just met and got Randy Mcmichael's autograph at the Broward Mall last weekend.. He was great.. got a picture with him as well.

I just love collecting. There is nothing better than buying a box and busting every pack right there at the counter of the hobby shop.

wel i have just about 6,000 Dolphin Cards and memorabilia
(if you are wearing a dolphins jersey i want you in my collection :) )
i have marino, clayton, duper, Bob Griese, Warfield Rookie Cards
i am still looking for a Csonka rookie

I love collecting Cards especially from the 70's

I am an addict, I collect any dolphin card , I have them all since the 70's, I am a football card freak, I to can not wait unit football cards come out,,

I only collect Fins cards, or should say used to only collect Fins cards. I've really slacked off, but plan on making up for it soon. The grand plan is to keep them all in books that will be in My "Dolphins TV Room" in the house we are about to buy.
It will be the Room of all Dolphins Rooms. I'd love to hear what some of you have done with your Dolphins Rooms.........

Kind of a neat Cards story......

The Year Marino was injured (achilles) the Fins came to SD. My Wife and I went down to the game, and stayed down at Hotel Circle in SD. We got Dan's autograph on the sweetest Fins card...it has him on it with a Dolphin jumping up out of the water. He was really polite and I was actually proud of him for signing every person who stood there. Well over 30 people the day before the game at the stadium practice.
Anyhow, there were of course a ton of people wanting signatures at the hotel, so they were not easy to get. An older gentleman who travelled on his own to the away games and I began talking, he turned out to be Keith Jackson's and about a dozen other Dolphins Gardener. They had paid for his airfare and tickets to every away game as a bonus for him. Cool huh? Anyhow, He introduced us to several of the Fins (his clients) and got me the following signatures on Cards. He actually walked into an area the guest were not allowed, as he was "approved to go where players went" other than the meeting rooms.
He got us McDuffie, Stoyanovich, Webb, Byars, Mitchell, Kirby, Sims, Vincent, and some backup guys like Alexander, etc.
It was a random meeting that turned out making the trip really special. He gave me his number and address to call on him but I always appreciated what he did so much I did'nt want to take advantage of the relationship. Anyhow, We ended up with about half the teams signatures, and the trip was alot of fun.

I have all the Cards now in a Card plague that shows them real Nice. I was once offered 300 bucks for my Marino plague by a card shop friend I had, ...he also wanted the pictures I took of Marino signing the card for my wife....NO WAY would I ever sell it for any amount of money.

Last edited by a moderator:
I store all my fins cards in a binder with those 9 card plastic sheets. Works out pretty good

I have over 1600 Marino cards, with 4 Rc's and 2 Auto's and 2 jersey cards. Obsessed?--maybe

Also have about 300 Ricky cards, lots of rookies and jersey cards.

My house is pretty much covered in Dolphins stuff, so the karma is in full effect up here in Wisconsin!!

Geoff

The wax box is what they call a box of cards these days!! Each wax box has on average 18-24 wax packs per box depending on the name brand of the cards that you buy.

I also put my cards in those pages with 9 slots, you put only one card per slot and for a really good card put it in a penny sleeve and then put it in the slot on the page!!

RICKYSABEAST----- your set with the Marino rookie should be the 1984 topps set and it is worth depending on the quality from $200- $400. You can check the prices in Becket Football price guide, It comes out every month with updated prices!!

fb cards

I have a pretty good sized collection myself including a 1994 Action Packed card # 64. I'm sure this this is the envy of every collector but in case you aren't familiar, it's Howard Cosell in a Dolphin Quarterback uniform #7. Top That.

Originally posted by dolphindew
The wax box is what they call a box of cards these days!! Each wax box has on average 18-24 wax packs per box depending on the name brand of the cards that you buy.

I also put my cards in those pages with 9 slots, you put only one card per slot and for a really good card put it in a penny sleeve and then put it in the slot on the page!!

RICKYSABEAST----- your set with the Marino rookie should be the 1984 topps set and it is worth depending on the quality from $200- $400. You can check the prices in Becket Football price guide, It comes out every month with updated prices!!

Sorry dolphindew but you are wrong on this one. A mint Marino rookie card is only 80 bucks. If you were to send it to a grading company that would bring the value of a card up. After they grade the card they put it in a sealed plastic holder for you with the grade on it as well If you are lucky enough to have a percect card which we call a Gem Mint card that scores a ten it is worth $2000 If it scores between an 8.5 to 9.5 or so that would be about $250 to $400. You also have to make sure one of two companies grade the card or it does'nt help the value really at all.

BGS is one and PSA is the other with PSA being the first to do so I think.

Here is a picture of a graded Marino Rookie
http://www.members.aol.com/cav6971/marino.jpg

Ok I see what you are saying. The whole set. It is worth $200 to $250 but what is weird about sets is that you can sell some of the stars cards for more than the whole set. Marino and Elway's cards are $80 each and Marnio has another "Insant Replay" card worth $12 and Montana and Darrel Green have cards worth $10 each. That is only five cards out of the 396 card set.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom