Anyone else annoyed by: | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else annoyed by:

Our field never being prepared specifically for a Dolphins Game? Yes this isn't top priority but other teams fields look crisp, Painted end zones etc. Just adds to the atmosphere, feels good. For some reason most of our most memorable moments of recent memory have happened later in the year when the throwback games occur and the field looks good once the Canes are done. Right now I just checked and the field is a soccer field. Come Saturday a College football field. Then last but not least a destroyed, ugly field for our biggest game. Just annoying.
Ya I get the Hurricanes game tomorrow but why have a soccer game on the same weekend when two football games are being played on back to back days? Why couldn't the soccer game have been played next weekend when no football games are scheduled at Hard Rock? :shrug:

Hard rock naming rights paid for our stadium upgrades.

He spent $360 million and he got back nearly as much from just them, THEN he secured super bowl rights that pay him 25-35 million PER SB alone.

Ross ain’t a dummy with real estate
F1 rights are good for 100s of millions going forward as well. Man is smart with his investments. To the topic though, it would be nice if we had a field like what is it Dallas that they could roll in for Miami on Sunday if the Canes are gonna continue to play there.

F*cking Miami, they shoot down F1 to have a circuit in the city, they shoot down all UMs stadium proposals, what a crock. If it wasn't for Ross, this team would probably go the way of San Diego.

How long have you been a fan? Not trying to be a dick, just curious. Because it is definitely the best prepared it has been in the history of this team. Last year, I noticed a few teams with very bad fields. In particular, the Titans field was borderline criminal. I was so pissed off over it. There were a couple others I am blanking on, but that one stood out as egregious.

When we used to share a field with the Marlins, we would have the f'n diamond on the field! That was so ridiculous. We often had injuries that some would speculate were caused by the dirt. Even after the baseball season, they didn't do a great job of fixing it up for the Dolphins. I guess I am so used to garbage by now, that I go easy on them lol.

I will pay close attention this weekend & see how they do.

The OB was magic. It would have been best for both the Dolphins and the Canes to stay in the orange bowl, with enhancements to the stadium allowing for more revenue and better fan experience.

In a way the departure of both teams can be blamed on Fidel Castro--after the Mariel boat lift the demographics of Dade County changed dramatically in a way that undermined support for football (really, all sports and non-religious community institutions in general). Joe Robbie's decision to go was influenced by the interrelated factors of diminishing political cooperation and the northward migration of many season ticket holders. Years later and due to the same non-support from the city, Hurricane fans were begrudgingly suffering the dank unimproved OB but Donna Shalala saw the money and personal perks dangled by Pro Player Stadium as being more important than history, tradition, student experience etc.

IMO both teams have been laboring under a curse since abandoning the Orangle Bowl. F'ing despots...

As for the Hurricanes I agree they should return to the Miami area--either to their own stadium or a reconfigured Marlins Park. I don't know why the latter is never discussed as a way to recover some of the sunk public assets invested in that boondoggle. Probably because there isn't as much money for connected developers in that plan.

Meanwhile, it's just a matter of money to properly groom the field for Dolphins games. Perhaps as this budding renaissance takes hold management will see fit to loosen the pocketbook for that purpose.

Our field never being prepared specifically for a Dolphins Game? Yes this isn't top priority but other teams fields look crisp, Painted end zones etc. Just adds to the atmosphere, feels good. For some reason most of our most memorable moments of recent memory have happened later in the year when the throwback games occur and the field looks good once the Canes are done. Right now I just checked and the field is a soccer field. Come Saturday a College football field. Then last but not least a destroyed, ugly field for our biggest game. Just annoying.
They do it after canes season ends I think

They really need to revoke the Canes ability to play there. This is embarrassing.

Back
Top Bottom