Anyone else annoyed by: | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else annoyed by:

What's funny to me is that when the Dolphins needed a home and the Hurricanes shared the Orange Bowl with them no one bitched. Then when Joe Robbie decided to build a stadium due to the City of Miami being greedy the next bitch was in the in field dirt of the Marlins during September games 🤣

A lot of great games played in all those places by a lot of great Miami teams. Keep in mind Ross wanted to build a new sports complex and the City of Miami said piss off.

IMO the Canes just need to GTFO there. Probably not a popular opinion, but whatever, colleges should have their own fields.

At most, they'd need maybe 40k seats. How many are on the practice field?

College bullshit team ruins it all.
They have been talking about a stadium for the Canes as long as I can remember. Now there is a discussion about possibly building a stadium at Tropical Park which is about 3.5 miles from the campus.

While this is the latest location to be discussed as a place to build a stadium, the Hurricanes still have 10 years on there lease agreement at Hard Rock Stadium. It will probably be at least that long if not longer before UM actually has their own stadium.

For a college, not having a football stadium on or very close to campus is just crappy for everyone involved. Kills student interest and turnouts for games too. Look how empty Hard Rock was when Miami sucked.

College bullshit team ruins it all.
The citizens in Coral Gables will not agree to having an on campus stadium and the people in Coral Gables have the money and political clout to stop any attempt at building the stadium.

The University of Miami is a private University and therefore they can’t go to the state legislature to get funding for a football stadium like the public universities have been able to do.

The University of Florida, FSU, USF, and other public universities have gotten hundreds of millions of dollars over the years to build and renovate their stadiums.

If the state taxpayers want the Hurricanes to have their own stadium and the state legislature is willing to fund it, I’m sure UM will find a place to build the stadium and leave Hard Rock. Since that obviously isn’t going to happen, I expect UM to be playing in Hard Rock stadium for several more years.

IMO the Canes just need to GTFO there. Probably not a popular opinion, but whatever, colleges should have their own fields.
UM alum here. I do not disagree, but then again UM had the Orange Bowl first. That said, county commissioners.. mainly UF, FAU, and FIU grass have stonewalled all attempts for UM to build a stadium. Like for 25 years.

For a college, not having a football stadium on or very close to campus is just crappy for everyone involved. Kills student interest and turnouts for games too. Look how empty Hard Rock was when Miami sucked.
The stadium had thousands of empty seats for Dolphin games when they sucked too. Except for hard core fans, South Florida sports fans only turn up for winners and that the way it has always been.

The Orange Bowl was a horrible stadium, with lousy seats, terrible bathrooms and food. Yet the Dolphins and Hurricanes had excellent teams so the fans overlooked the stadium and filled the stadium.

If the Dolphins and Hurricanes become consistent winners against, fans will show up, no matter where the games are played in South Florida.

UM alum here. I do not disagree, but then again UM had the Orange Bowl first. That said, county commissioners.. mainly UF, FAU, and FIU grass have stonewalled all attempts for UM to build a stadium. Like for 25 years.
Some people forget or just didn’t know that the only reason the Dolphins came to Miami in the first place is the University of Miami agreed to let the Dolphins use the Orange Bowl.

The Orange Bowl was built for the Hurricanes and if not for there being an Orange Bowl, the Dolphins never would have come to Miami because there was no other stadium they could have played in at the time.

That’s the problem when younger fans with no knowledge of the history of the University of Miami and the Dolphins complain about the Hurricanes now playing in the Dolphins stadium.

The Canes are parasites. They need to get their own stadium. The highest tuition in the state and they're dirt cheap. Supposedly they are considering their own. Hope it happens.
Huh? You know they pay the Dolphins to play there, right?

Ross owns the stadium and after putting up several hundred million dollars to upgrade it, he wants to rent it out for as many events as he can.
In cities where the stadium is owned by the tax payers, those stadiums don’t have to be used for other events during football season.

So as long as the stadium is privately owned, Ross can rent it out all he wants to and if that means the field isn’t as great a shape as the publicly owned stadiums, so be it.

While it might not look as perfect as the fields at some of the other stadiums. I really haven’t read or heard any complains from the Dolphin players or the opposing team players about the field being in poor condition.
Hard rock naming rights paid for our stadium upgrades.

He spent $360 million and he got back nearly as much from just them, THEN he secured super bowl rights that pay him 25-35 million PER SB alone.

Ross ain’t a dummy with real estate

Back
Top Bottom