Anyone else as excited about our front 7 as I am? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else as excited about our front 7 as I am?

WVDolphan

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Instead of a thread of concern let's talk about the fact you can make a strong argument we have the best front 7 in football. The DL is top notch. Holliday is underrated. Carter is still solid. Jayson Taylor is the best defensive player in the league. And the addition of big daddy puts us over the top. Being able to have Wilkenson or Traylor in the game almost the whole time gives us one of the best players at that position consistantly in there. They are perfect to have as a rotating beast. Most of you that know football know the play at the line of scrimmage is the key to winning and losing. I feel having a great player in the middle of the DL that can take on two linemen is the most important part to success on D. This helps your LB's and your pass rushers in a huge way. Enables your team to be solid vs the run which is also huge. Having said all this I think we will have a top 3 defense so long as we stay healthy. I cant help but feel with our schedule we win at least 11 games and a division title. I am not as concerned as most people on here seem to be with our secondary. Looks like Saban made some great personel decisions by adding the right guys available in FA. Once Daniels gets healthy the only soft spot I see is J.Allen and thats only because he is a rookie. He should be a great player in time. Secondary is better than a lot of people think. Poole getting cut should give you an idea of how really deep we are at a position people are saying is weak. I don't see it. BTW panthers are 3 and out first 4 posessions. Great plays by Goodman, Tillman and W.Allen so far.

Lets hope it takes some pressure off our secondary. I know everyone has been riding our defensive backfield, but I think we'll be okay.

Kansasdolfan said:
i have wet dreams about our D-line

Hilarious. Our DT/NT position used to be a concern depth wise, but with the addition of Wilkerson and the emergence of Evans and Vickerson, we're pretty set there and we have some a little youth. Our 2 Deep depth chart for our DL is unreal. I think we're going to be extremely stout and lead the league in sacks once again this year, as well as Run Defense.

i might argue that panthers and bucks also have a solid front 7 as well as the gmen although they could use a dt

Despite the age, our front seven is spectacular. I mean, great.

I think Carolina's is the best, with Dallas', Chicago's and San Diego's up there too.

Ours is definitely top five material.

we are gonna be tough to be ran on.our front seven is great but the secondary needs to improve

The only position I could see needing improvement at this point is Spragan's spot. He is a good depth guy, but shouldn't be starting for our defense, although he doesn't really do things to hurt us, so he isn't so worrysome. Other than that, it's pretty damn solid. I think Kevin Carter is one of the most underrated players in the game.

Dmancari23 said:
The only position I could see needing improvement at this point is Spragan's spot. He is a good depth guy, but shouldn't be starting for our defense, although he doesn't really do things to hurt us, so he isn't so worrysome. Other than that, it's pretty damn solid. I think Kevin Carter is one of the most underrated players in the game.

Yea. I wanted Manny Lawson so bad in the draft. He would definately fill that spot.

Kansasdolfan said:
i have wet dreams about our D-line

Instead of watching so many game and practice tapes of our players, it may be time to get a few tapes of our cheerleaders before it's too late for ya.

Big dady is the most underated pick up of the offseason..Hes gonna b a monster in the middle

I have spent many offseasons (since 1980) excited about a component of our team only to end up disappointed .. Either it was freak injuries or they just didn't perform up to standards.

While it looks nice on paper, I have been burned too many times in the past with this team so I'll reserve judgement till a later date.

ps- Remember many years ago when the Dolphins signed Steve Emtman during camp ? Everyone was saying he was the final piece for a super bowl while Marino was here.. Well, umm , we stunk that season. And Keith Jackson anyone ? People were positive Ricky Williams would lead us to the playoffs with all his rushing yard potential. Did it ever happen ? The list goes on and on and on and on..

I hope things change, and I am positive.. But I am not going to go overboard with excitement (like I have done in the past) just to be slapped in the face and let down with huge disappointment. And even if we have a great start this season. Look, the Colts started 13-0 last year and didn't even make the AFC championship game.. At 13-0, any Colt fan would have bet you $1000 on the spot that they'd make it to the AFC championship game they were that overconfident.

MastR_EvaluatoR said:
I have spent many offseasons (since 1980) excited about a component of our team only to end up disappointed .. Either it was freak injuries or they just didn't perform up to standards.

While it looks nice on paper, I have been burned too many times in the past with this team so I'll reserve judgement till a later date.

ps- Remember many years ago when the Dolphins signed Steve Emtman during camp ? Everyone was saying he was the final piece for a super bowl while Marino was here.. Well, umm , we stunk that season. And Keith Jackson anyone ? People were positive Ricky Williams would lead us to the playoffs with all his rushing yard potential. Did it ever happen ? The list goes on and on and on and on..

I hope things change, and I am positive.. But I am not going to go overboard with excitement (like I have done in the past) just to be slapped in the face and let down with huge disappointment. And even if we have a great start this season. Look, the Colts started 13-0 last year and didn't even make the AFC championship game.. At 13-0, any Colt fan would have bet you $1000 on the spot that they'd make it to the AFC championship game they were that overconfident.

I, like all Dolphins fans have been disapointed many many times in the past but I think that the addition of the new skipper has my confidence rebuilt for many years to come. That is the difference between this year and the years in the past. Not only are we solid at the QB position for the first time since 99' but we are solid almost every where else on the field. All hail St. Nick is doing a superb job of directing this boat in the right direction and we will be a force to be reckoned with this year and for many more to come. :dolphins:

Back
Top Bottom