Anyone else concerned about Pouncey's move back to center? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else concerned about Pouncey's move back to center?

67Stang

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
First let me say that I think that Pouncey gets more movement than Satele and over all a better center. My concern is with him giving away the snap count. There were a lot of issues with the snap counts in 12 and 13....and some of it was the "go go" count. However when I started paying attention to Pouncey, he would lift his head right before snapping the ball, without hesitation every time. For anyone that races 1/4 or eighth mile it was like timing the the jump after the last amber light! I remember some others talking about it and it was pissing a lot of us off because it was so blatant and yet was not getting fixed....and never did up to the end of 2013 and the loss to the Jets that stopped us from going to the playoffs. Hopefully they get that simple crap fixed!

I have much more confidence in Lazor than Sherman in identifying and fixing a problem like this

Nope. Of all our concerns, Pouncey's move back to Center isn't one of them - to me. OG, RB, LB, DT, S, CB are all major concerns.

Rent, I hope you are right because it was so damn frustrating and it wasn't getting fixed! It was to the point where Garner came in at center and we started playing better....if anyone remembers that.

Rent, I hope you are right because it was so damn frustrating and it wasn't getting fixed! It was to the point where Garner came in at center and we started playing better....if anyone remembers that.
I remember it, he drew the D offsides a couple times in his first game.

No. Should have happened last fall.

I don't think Pouncey was ever 100% last year. He just didn't look like he had any burst of strength in his legs. I think he gets the off season training and gains the strength back in his legs and regains his form. I would try and lock him up now instead of paying him $7m this year.

I'm as concerned about moving him back to center as I am moving James back to RT. No need to explain.

Nope. I'll feel better when he's back at the pivot.

so you are happy and ready to work to build that line back into a unit!!!

IF Albert can come back healthy along with Pouncey, the OL is at least average with no other moves, which will take place.

IF Albert can come back healthy along with Pouncey, the OL is at least average with no other moves, which will take place.

100% agreed.... just gotta add depth and work in some actually starting OGs

I noticed early last season & during the height of bullygate that the OL played better when MP was out. That said, 67Stang has a valid point about tipping the snap count

I have much more confidence in Lazor than Sherman in identifying and fixing a problem like this

Wouldn't Benton have some input too?

Benton, Lazor, & Dennis have a crucial offseason ahead. They need to best 5 players out there plus getting quality depth.

I noticed early last season & during the height of bullygate that the OL played better when MP was out. That said, 67Stang has a valid point about tipping the snap count

Benton, Lazor, & Dennis have a crucial offseason ahead. They need to best 5 players out there plus getting quality depth.

"Tipping the snap count" has absolutely nothing to do with anything. Being able to block does.

Good point, it probably would be caught by Benton before Lazor would have to intervene

Back
Top Bottom