Anyone else concerned about the O-Line? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else concerned about the O-Line?

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
With the recent lose of Smiley, the O-Line is a major concern. Ndukwe, Allenman and the rest have stepped in and done an adequate job, but the O-Line is the one area on the team where team work is the most critical. The familiarity that each guy has to the one beside him and down the line from him is critical. My concern is that having guys step in this late in the season, the intuitveness is not going to be there.

Maybe I'm wrong and we will keep chugging along like the little engine that could, but we are on the brink of doing something that rarely happens in sports and especially in the NFL, Worst to First(Division). If there was one area on the team that could derail us, it would be injuries on the O-Line. But I'm hopping for the best, while being cognizant of the worst.

I've been concerned about it all year.

Me too bro. Im even more concerned now. But, honestly, its not as if we can get much worse in the run blocking dept. Although, I feel like Smiley was our best run blocker.

I think as long as we can keep Chad upright and not being pressured too much, we should be ok. After all its been that right arm of Penningtons who has delivered most of our offense when it has counted all year.

With the recent lose of Smiley, the O-Line is a major concern. Ndukwe, Allenman and the rest have stepped in and done an adequate job, but the O-Line is the one area on the team where team work is the most critical. The familiarity that each guy has to the one beside him and down the line from him is critical. My concern is that having guys step in this late in the season, the intuitveness is not going to be there.

Maybe I'm wrong and we will keep chugging along like the little engine that could, but we are on the brink of doing something that rarely happens in sports and especially in the NFL, Worst to First(Division). If there was one area on the team that could derail us, it would be injuries on the O-Line. But I'm hopping for the best, while being cognizant of the worst.

i think its wildcat time if the line struggles, gives us an added blocker

As long as these guys play smart and put themselves in position where they need to be beaten physically we'll be OK. No matter how bad they are it's harder to beat a guy physically then to get a freee rush at the QB due to a mental error.

I've been concerned about it all year.

i agree, but the situation is alot worse now then it was 2 weeks ago, our interior line has like 2 years of game expirience, carey has been underwhelming to say the least, and now Big Jake is playing on 1 leg. it seems to me like now more than ever our success will rely on chad playing near perfect games on offense.

Me too bro. Im even more concerned now. But, honestly, its not as if we can get much worse in the run blocking dept. Although, I feel like Smiley was our best run blocker.

I think as long as we can keep Chad upright and not being pressured too much, we should be ok. After all its been that right arm of Penningtons who has delivered most of our offense when it has counted all year.

I don't actually think that SMiley was being used to his fullest potential anyway. He's not a drive blocker, he's best in space when he's mobile and, our game is simply not predecated on that sort of running. Maybe keeping it simple will be better.

I'm definitely concerned about it. Hopefully we can have one or two guys step up and get the job done. Definitely will be an area of need this offseason.

This Al Johnson guy we picked up is supposedly shaping up to be a nice addition. He might end up saving this line's butt, because I'd be pretty darn worried about a line with both Alleman and Ndukwe and not a whole lot behind them.

The O-Line should be fine, continuity is important but Long and Ndukwe have to communicate and get on the same page with whoever steps in for smiley, johnson was a solid center with arizona so we will see what happens, big game sunday in Toronto and running the ball is crucial down the stretch in the next 4 games

Back
Top Bottom