Anyone else disappointed and worried about the timing of DW's resignation | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else disappointed and worried about the timing of DW's resignation

mbmonk

Dolphin's official bedwetter
Reaction score
First let me say I am speaking of a perfect world that does not exist, and I am happy Wantardo is gone.

OK.
My tiny problem with this is the timing issue. If he was going to quit do it week 3 when the season was still salvagable by the new head coach. Now Wantardo has waited until the season is completely screwed, and now we switch. If the new head coach, Baites, pulls the team together in any shape or form and we start winning games, when it is now almost pointless to do so, its another lose for the phins in draft pick terms.

I know alot of people will diagree with me and even flame me for wanting us to lose game. I understand that, and that is fine.

I know I sound ungrateful that DW is gone, and I dont want that. And I honestly do want the best for the dolphins, my opinion just differs whats best for the dolphins than some others.

I doubt, personnel-wise, that we had the guns to compete this year, regardless of who was the HC.

Anyone else disappointed and worried about the timing of DW's resignation

the only thing i am worried about is, bates not being the interim all year...........
lets just hope that wayne and spurrier arent working out a deal as we speak.............

agreed.

That's sort of what I meant. No O-line plus no # 34

Difficult situation

You can't always judge the right time to cut the bruise out of the banana.

No. my only disapointment was in him not leaving sooner. despite what the bitter media may say. (they are mad the fans have a say) Dave being gone is good for this team. every week that he stayed made our future darker and darker. we will continue to suck of course due to all the damage he caused, but only now can we begin to correct it.

All I'm gonna say is that he should have been gone on 12/30/2002, the day after bumbling the Pats game and knocking us ultimately from home field, to div champs, to wild card and to no playoffs at all.

A team needs to win no matter what. Forget about the draft picks. Obviously that's important. But winning comes first.

I dont think that a new HC is going to turn this team around unless he is somehow an offensive line genius. We are still going to give up sacks every game, probably more now that Feeley is starting, and we are still going to make stupid penalties. We are still going to be a bad team, just without having to watch somebody run their hand through their hair everytime something bad happens.

More than anything I hope Bates brings some fire into the locker room. We need somebody that is a motivator to get these guys to play.

Last but not least, I really hope he doesnt give the lets win this one for dave speech right before the next game.:roflmao:

DeDolfan said:
All I'm gonna say is that he should have been gone on 12/30/2002, the day after bumbling the Pats game and knocking us ultimately from home field, to div champs, to wild card and to no playoffs at all.
Word.

mbmonk said:
My tiny problem with this is the timing issue. If he was going to quit do it week 3 when the season was still salvagable by the new head coach. Now Wantardo has waited until the season is completely screwed, and now we switch. If the new head coach, Baites, pulls the team together in any shape or form and we start winning games, when it is now almost pointless to do so, its another lose for the phins in draft pick terms.
Coaches don't quit because of 0 and 3 starts. Wanny left because he finally understood that he couldn't do any better this season. That along with all of the negative publicity and firing talks lately were damaging this team even more. I respect Wanny for doing this now. Clearly a new head coach isn't all this team needs so as far as wondering if this season could've been salvaged early on I highly doubt it.

Back
Top Bottom