Anyone Else Doing This? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone Else Doing This?

Dolphin_Daz

Dolfan in England
Reaction score
I, like all of you, love the Dolphins, and the NFL. The sad thing is we wait MONTHS for the season to begin and after a few weeks its over. We have nothing to watch or cheer for, nothing to get emotionally invested in (apart from when we play the Jets!!) So, what do you do? Watch the games, knowing wins hurt your draft position?

Ive seen alot of people post "im done with this team" etc etc, and to be fair, we have had a bad few years (understatement I know!) but I decided I would change how I see the NFL this season - without giving up on the Fins.

I will still watch Miami, of course, Im a fan! I may not want us to win (as I would love to get Luck and want Sparano gone) but its nice to look for positives and generally watch the games. However, I feel im "missing out" on the NFL season, as my team is out of the running so early on.

So, ive adopted a team to root for this season. That team is the Detroit Lions. I am so happy for them, they have had it waaaaay worse than us and now they finally have a team that is going to be hunting for the play-offs. I can relate to their fans, losing seasons etc, so Ive started watching them and cheering for them. I will watch the Fins every week too, they are my team, but to make sure I get excited and something to cheer for, ive taken the Lions as a team to root for.

One day, Miami will be good again. It may take decades, it may takes years, but it will happen. This season, lets try and get Luck, a new HC in the off season, and start a bright future like my adopted Detriot Lions have got. :)

Yup, I did this.

I'm currently watching the following teams:

Vikings (0-4)
Rams (0-4)
Colts (0-3)

and I'm rooting hard for each of these teams every week! Join me tonight by adopting the Colts and cheering for them to win on Monday Night Football!

I am doing something similar. I am also rooting for the Lions. In addition, I am tracking the Andrew Luck Race. I still kind of root for the Dolphins to win during the game, but I am happy with each loss that racks up because we are closer to a franchise QB for it. I am also rooting for the other teams in the way of Luck to win and rooting for the Jets to fail. It makes the season bearable.

I love my Fins but there are teams I like to see win, particularly the Lions - because 0-16 has to be the worst, and the Giants, because of what they did to the Patsies. Our season may be over, but there's still plenty of football to see. I'll win vicariously through them :lol:

Yup, I did this.

I'm currently watching the following teams:

Vikings (0-4)
Rams (0-4)
Colts (0-3)

and I'm rooting hard for each of these teams every week! Join me tonight by adopting the Colts and cheering for them to win on Monday Night Football!
I have already joined you friend. My favorite teams in order are:
Colts
Rams
Vikings
Chiefs
I am rooting for them to win each and every week. I got my blue and white on today guys! Lets go Indy! Whoop those damn Succaneers you can do it Painter!

I do what I do whether they win or lose.

Live my own life and have fun. I just play more x-box and drink more beer on Sundays that's all.

Man, f&*ck the Lions. I hate when teams that I always said "at least we're not that bad" come up and overtake us.

I like watching the Packers with Rodgers. The defense is good too. Ill watch every Fins game from beginning to end. I still get pumped with pregame coverage and Ill endure post game coverage. 7 losses in a row!

My answer to this is that I root for my four fantasy teams every week.

im rooting for the vikes, colt, rams

teams i feel somewhat attached to
the ravens and bengals
it is a joy to see the ravens defense
smother the jets into 21 points off Sanchez turnovers..
Lots of former hurricanes and Ricky too..Flaco is not bad either..

Bengals because they had some bad luck too and they used a top pick on a qb
something the dolphins never do. and it is already paying off as the bengals are breaking even
after a big win over buffalo Andy Dalton im pulling for him
the first red haired QB goes good with the bengals orange stripes lol

Ugh... I wish I could just sleep until February. Just go to sleep and wake up to see if the Phins earned the top pick or not. I know the Phins aren't going anywhere this year and will end up with a bad record. I also know that since that is the case then the best thing that could happen to this team for the next decade is to lose out and grab Luck with the #1 overall pick. The problem is however that I just can't bring myself to root against them. The Phins suck, my son got hurt and couldn't play youth football this year, and someone that is very near and dear to me had to go away until March so yea... does anyone know how to induce a coma? Preferable one that only lasts about 4 or 5 months.

Being from PA, I also follow the Eagles....yea, some dream team.

I like to root for the Jets to lose which they are doing a pretty good job of as well as root for the other loser teams in the Luck sweepstakes.

Back
Top Bottom