Anyone else eagerly awaiting cutdown day? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else eagerly awaiting cutdown day?

Fletcher isn't big and doesn't tackle well ....BP prob says no!

wasnt saying we would go after Fletcher, just saying Jones is not very good. He is to cornerbacking what Keith Davis is to safety. When you describe a corner by his special teams play thats not good.

Personally I would like to see Hagan fall by the wayside (traded)... Judging by the amount of respect (mostly unfounded) given him on this board and in the media that would be a shocker... Pennington needs RELIABLE hands... That accuracy does not mean a thing when you cant hang onto it and the fact is... When Penny is throwing all the stuff underneath he needs EVERY DOWN. To be frank Bess AND Camarillo have shown me more in the clutch and Wilford is too pricey to go.

Hagan has had his chances and has not impressed by my standards... Everyone seems to be waiting for all that untapped potential to break out and I say enough is enough... Hagan's problem is clearly not his 'potential' but between the ears and is an issue of focus IMO... The drop on the sidelines the other night was a drive killer and a FALSE START by a Receiver??? Is that a joke?

We are in rebuild mode and what better time to let two young receivers who clearly want it more see the field... Live with the mistakes go with potential AND desire..

Personally I would like to see Hagan fall by the wayside (traded)... Judging by the amount of respect (mostly unfounded) given him on this board and in the media that would be a shocker... Pennington needs RELIABLE hands... That accuracy does not mean a thing when you cant hang onto it and the fact is... When Penny is throwing all the stuff underneath he needs EVERY DOWN. To be frank Bess AND Camarillo have shown me more in the clutch and Wilford is too pricey to go.

Hagan has had his chances and has not impressed by my standards... Everyone seems to be waiting for all that untapped potential to break out and I say enough is enough... Hagan's problem is clearly not his 'potential' but between the ears and is an issue of focus IMO... The drop on the sidelines the other night was a drive killer and a FALSE START by a Receiver??? Is that a joke?

We are in rebuild mode and what better time to let two young receivers who clearly want it more see the field... Live with the mistakes go with potential AND desire..

You want to keep Bess or Camirillo over Hagan. Get real Hagan is much better than either of these fodder guys.

You want to keep Bess or Camirillo over Hagan. Get real Hagan is much better than either of these fodder guys.

One opinion against another... Actually let me expand I would keep Bess, Camarillo AND Armstrong over him... The only way to kill Pennington faster than a bullet or a 'stacked box' is miscues and dropped balls...

I have a tough time understanding exactly what Hagan has shown to make this type of thinking truly 'revolutionary' or why it is considered ludicrous.

How about we develop some young talent and keep Parmele over both Rudi and Jesse as the third down back? He has looked pretty good. We have seen the best of Chatman, and its just OK, and Rudi is on the downside of his career. No need to bring in a #3 RB. The decision at that spot will be tough enough as it is for the guys we currently have, namely Cobbs, Hilliard and Parmele.

Some names that could surprise are Rob Ninkovich making the team over Quentin Moses (though I hope not, because I want Langford out of that ghastly number 70, and 93 looks to be one of the new in the 90s that could become available) and Lionel Dotson making it over Rod Wright.

I think its going to be interesting to see Parcells/Ireland/Sparano's apparent affinity for "their guys". Does it really play out that way? Because so far, it appears they kept Renaldo Hill over Keith Davis, which goes against this "HIS GUY/THEIR GUY" garbage that everyone has talked about throughout the offseason. A good test of that will be the FB battle, which has been relatively even IMO, the #3 RB spot (does Cobbs make it over "their" draft picks), the #3 TE (Ryan vs. Peelle), as well as the Wright/Dotson battle. I would say that in each of these cases, you could make a solid argument for either guy making the team.

How about we develop some young talent and keep Parmele over both Rudi and Jesse as the third down back? He has looked pretty good. We have seen the best of Chatman, and its just OK, and Rudi is on the downside of his career. No need to bring in a #3 RB. The decision at that spot will be tough enough as it is for the guys we currently have, namely Cobbs, Hilliard and Parmele.

Some names that could surprise are Rob Ninkovich making the team over Quentin Moses (though I hope not, because I want Langford out of that ghastly number 70, and 93 looks to be one of the new in the 90s that could become available) and Lionel Dotson making it over Rod Wright.

I think its going to be interesting to see Parcells/Ireland/Sparano's apparent affinity for "their guys". Does it really play out that way? Because so far, it appears they kept Renaldo Hill over Keith Davis, which goes against this "HIS GUY/THEIR GUY" garbage that everyone has talked about throughout the offseason. A good test of that will be the FB battle, which has been relatively even IMO, the #3 RB spot (does Cobbs make it over "their" draft picks), the #3 TE (Ryan vs. Peelle), as well as the Wright/Dotson battle. I would say that in each of these cases, you could make a solid argument for either guy making the team.

You make some good points... I think that 'rebuild' means a movement towards youth but also a close examination of the past experiments that may not have panned out. My argument against HAGAN was more that the timing is right to move on... Anyway I digress..

Parmele I am 100 hundred percent in agree with.

I think Nonkovich over Moses would be considered a 'shocker'... I like the way he plays and he was all over the field in New Orleans but is it a case of too little too late..? Dotson over Wright I don't know... JMO but I think Dotson gets the axe there...

Also think Mauia takes the hit.

For the first time there are some real tough decisions at a number of spots and I for one am happy to be in that position.

I mean I am curious about who will be cut, but should we really be excited to see who gets cut from the phins? this time of year is cruel for sure.

I mean I am curious about who will be cut, but should we really be excited to see who gets cut from the phins? this time of year is cruel for sure.

Well basically Im excited to see who sticks. There are alot of tough choices to make. Im not excited to see guys get cut persay, just to see what our final 53 that we are going to war with looks like.

The thing is, our final 53 tonight at 7 probably wont be our final 53 tomorrow at 5. I'm guessing we make 4-5 waiver claims. The front office has not been coy, this has been the plan all along.

I agree!:up:

Lets just end the "their guy" conversation by cutting Ferg, Akin, Penny.....:rolleyes:

With so many tight battles for roster spots, my hope is that the Trifecta manages to choose those with the potential.

Back
Top Bottom