Anyone else excited about our offense? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else excited about our offense?

TedGinn4MVP

Practice Squad
Reaction score
We have been known for a long time as a defensive team. As much as I liked that, I am happy that we are starting to take a turn to being known as an offensive team, which is good for many reasons. One, the defense is getting old, so in a couple of years we wont be able to rely on them nearly as much as we do now. Two, we have all of the pieces put into place on offense: We have a veteran QB that can mentor our young, talented rookie QB. With John Beck sitting a year, and learning and watching Trent Green, that will help him so much. At running back we have Ronnie Brown, a beast and workhorse who is very young and will be with us for a while, and a 2nd string back in Booker who is a great change of pace back. At WR we have my boy Ted Ginn who will be the fastest guy on the field every time he suits up, and who will obviously contribute on special teams which is just more opp. to score points. Then at WR you have Chambers. Now, Chris didnt play as well in 06 as he did in 05, but what do you expect when we start 3 different QBs in one season. Everyone knows the kid has amazing hands and has pro bowl talent, hes no question mark. Next you have Booker. Booker is getting older, but for now he will be a fine #2 WR. He makes the catches and he is a good, solid WR. Finally you have Derek Hagen. He is only in his second year and he could turn out to be a great WR for us. From what I hear, he has done very well this offseason. The only position on our offense that is not set for now, and for the future, is the offensive line. But even that is getting much improved. We have Vernon, and we just got a very good one in the first day of this years draft. If we just focus on the O-line for the next couple of drafts, it will soon be just as good as any other teams.
My point is, the Miami Dolphins offense is looking very good right now, and in the next 2 years, we will be young, talented, and possibly one of the best offenses in the NFL. What do you think?

excellant post hope your right about everything go fins :D:D:D:D

I couldn't agree with you more. There is no reason to think that with the continuity on defense and having a true offensive minded coach with a veteran qb who already knows the system we will all see a world of difference in the way the dolphins play offense this year as opposed to last season.

I am. Our skill position group is starting to look scary good. Brown, L. Booker in the backfield. Chambers, M. Booker, Hagan, and Ginn. This could be very, very good.

apparently even espn is high on our offense, ranking them 2nd in the division over the jets and bills. we will see how that turns out though

OL line has me worried a bit along with Cam handling both the head coaching and offensive coordinator positions. That being said WR look strong, TE we have depth, QB we have depth, FB depth and RB good but depth is kind of a question mark.

I thought the Linehan/Frerotte year was a breath of fresh air compared to the dull Wanny/JJ years. The fairly wide open offense and passing attack reminded me (somewhat) of the good old Marino days. Then last years flop. I look forward to the excitement the new regime and players bring to the table. Go Phins!!

i think that everybody should be excited about our offense this year! we have an offensive guru with coach cameron, trent green who's a new and experienced qb that already knows 85% of our offense, david martin who can surprise if he stays healthy and two new speedy guys with ted ginn and lorenzo booker... in addition with ronnie brown, chris chambers, marty booker, derek hagan and maybe kelly campbell, we should have a lot offensive weapons this year! :cooldude:

We have been known for a long time as a defensive team. As much as I liked that, I am happy that we are starting to take a turn to being known as an offensive team, which is good for many reasons. One, the defense is getting old, so in a couple of years we wont be able to rely on them nearly as much as we do now. Two, we have all of the pieces put into place on offense: We have a veteran QB that can mentor our young, talented rookie QB. With John Beck sitting a year, and learning and watching Trent Green, that will help him so much. At running back we have Ronnie Brown, a beast and workhorse who is very young and will be with us for a while, and a 2nd string back in Booker who is a great change of pace back. At WR we have my boy Ted Ginn who will be the fastest guy on the field every time he suits up, and who will obviously contribute on special teams which is just more opp. to score points. Then at WR you have Chambers. Now, Chris didnt play as well in 06 as he did in 05, but what do you expect when we start 3 different QBs in one season. Everyone knows the kid has amazing hands and has pro bowl talent, hes no question mark. Next you have Booker. Booker is getting older, but for now he will be a fine #2 WR. He makes the catches and he is a good, solid WR. Finally you have Derek Hagen. He is only in his second year and he could turn out to be a great WR for us. From what I hear, he has done very well this offseason. The only position on our offense that is not set for now, and for the future, is the offensive line. But even that is getting much improved. We have Vernon, and we just got a very good one in the first day of this years draft. If we just focus on the O-line for the next couple of drafts, it will soon be just as good as any other teams.
My point is, the Miami Dolphins offense is looking very good right now, and in the next 2 years, we will be young, talented, and possibly one of the best offenses in the NFL. What do you think?

Pure speculation on your part...and quite advanced at that...to project anyones performance in an offense that you havent seen yet is also premature.

I recall last year the prognositcators had us in the SB...hmmm.

I'm very excited about the offense, but I'm still a little leary about the O-line. I guess I'll wait until the first couple of preseason games before I get really really pumped up.

I am very excited that we got an offense minded coach. While I know that "defense wins championships", I hate the feeling you get when you're down by a touchdown in the 4th quarter and you feel like the best chance you have of getting in the game is not your offense driving down the field and scoring, but your defense causing a turnover and returning it for a score.

i think that everybody should be excited about our offense this year! we have an offensive guru with coach cameron, trent green who's a new and experienced qb that already knows 85% of our offense, david martin who can surprise if he stays healthy and two new speedy guys with ted ginn and lorenzo booker... in addition with ronnie brown, chris chambers, marty booker, derek hagan and maybe kelly campbell, we should have a lot offensive weapons this year! :cooldude:

what excites me most thought is that its not just this year, its the future too. Unlike are defense, our offense is not only talented, but very young. Think about it:

RB's: 25(Brown) 22(Booker)
WR: 28(Chambers) 22(Ginn jr.) 22(Hagen)
TE: 28(Martin)
QB of the future: 25(Beck)

With these young and talented players, our future looks bright. And with Trent Green as our QB for the next year or so, our present looks bright too.

The skill positions are shaping up great so I certainly agree that we have reason for optimism. Problem I see is the O-line. We could very well field a group that has a new starter at EVERY position. It could be pretty rough early on so I'm tempering my enthusiasm. O-line was a big issue last year early in the season and I can't see us being much improved immediately. Carey played great, but now has to switch sides. Shelton and Hadnot were ok, but both are moving and the other positions look to be rookies who will no doubt have some learning curve. I would have almost preferred Carey stay on the Rt side and Shelton at guard and just help out our weak link LT until we found someone. Continuity is really important on the line and with all the switching, guys can't get used to playing together. I only hope that Houck and Cam can get these guys going the way they did w/ questionable line talent in SD.

I think I'm with the majority on this. Hell yes I'm excited! But, o-line is still a concern. I think our youth movement there will be very good, just wonder how long before the gel.

Back
Top Bottom