Anyone else excited about our offense? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else excited about our offense?

This should be our best offense since Marino retired. We have the receivers, RB and Lo Booker running the ball, Green at QB. If we can't score more than the 16 points a game we did last year there is something seriously wrong. I also think our defense got a lot better as well. Many publications I have read have us winning around 4 to 6 games. I think we can be the surprise team. :)

We have been known for a long time as a defensive team. As much as I liked that, I am happy that we are starting to take a turn to being known as an offensive team, which is good for many reasons. One, the defense is getting old, so in a couple of years we wont be able to rely on them nearly as much as we do now. Two, we have all of the pieces put into place on offense: We have a veteran QB that can mentor our young, talented rookie QB. With John Beck sitting a year, and learning and watching Trent Green, that will help him so much. At running back we have Ronnie Brown, a beast and workhorse who is very young and will be with us for a while, and a 2nd string back in Booker who is a great change of pace back. At WR we have my boy Ted Ginn who will be the fastest guy on the field every time he suits up, and who will obviously contribute on special teams which is just more opp. to score points. Then at WR you have Chambers. Now, Chris didnt play as well in 06 as he did in 05, but what do you expect when we start 3 different QBs in one season. Everyone knows the kid has amazing hands and has pro bowl talent, hes no question mark. Next you have Booker. Booker is getting older, but for now he will be a fine #2 WR. He makes the catches and he is a good, solid WR. Finally you have Derek Hagen. He is only in his second year and he could turn out to be a great WR for us. From what I hear, he has done very well this offseason. The only position on our offense that is not set for now, and for the future, is the offensive line. But even that is getting much improved. We have Vernon, and we just got a very good one in the first day of this years draft. If we just focus on the O-line for the next couple of drafts, it will soon be just as good as any other teams.
My point is, the Miami Dolphins offense is looking very good right now, and in the next 2 years, we will be young, talented, and possibly one of the best offenses in the NFL. What do you think?

That's all well and good. However, we need a COMPLETE football team. Hopefullly this team can make a run with the players we have on defense Thomas and Taylor cant play their current levels forever.

We look good don't we!?!?! Yeah we will surprise teams early in the season and we will be feared by teams midway through the season when the rest of the NFL get onboard to what a good team we will have!! Playoff = Yes Division Champions Ship = Probably, Conference Championship = Hopefully, Superbowl = Just gotta believe!!!!

i'm not too happy with the green pickup, i like the draft getting a qb and a speedy rec, our o-line sucks, and the thing that gets me is that green is not mobile, so i hope they plan to finish upgrading the line, because green played behind hall of fame guards we don;t have and one more blow can knocked him out

AMEN!!!!!!!!! That is why I do not get showing CPEPPER the door so fast. I get you do not want to pay that much for a back up QB but if Green gets his egg scambled or if CPep blew out a knee whouldn't be nice to have a pro-bowl QB to step in? To late now so we all better hope that the line can give Green time hit the great receivers and Brown needs to help out too with big runs which I have no doughts about that happening. I can not what till camp starts and we really see where we are.

I'm estatic about our offense. I just wrote an article that will be published at the phinsider on June 19. (A week from today.) That will tell you just how excited I am.

It feels like the offense might be a year away from being really good, but yeah we should be excited that it's going to be a lot better this year than last.

i think that everybody should be excited about our offense this year! we have an offensive guru with coach cameron, trent green who's a new and experienced qb that already knows 85% of our offense, david martin who can surprise if he stays healthy and two new speedy guys with ted ginn and lorenzo booker... in addition with ronnie brown, chris chambers, marty booker, derek hagan and maybe kelly campbell, we should have a lot offensive weapons this year! :cooldude:

:yeahthat:

I am. Our skill position group is starting to look scary good. Brown, L. Booker in the backfield. Chambers, M. Booker, Hagan, and Ginn. This could be very, very good.

I agree.

I'm also enjoying all this positive talk about these rookies we drafted for the line, as well as some of the free agents. Its really sounding like its all coming together... However I had that impression last year too.. Bottom line though, the offense sounds exciting, and i can't wait

The hype around Miami's offense is solely based on Cam Cameron being here in Miami. Cameron is an excellent game day playcaller/adjuster and knows how to use every talent on offense to contribute, putting defenses on their heels. Cameron just seems to have so much experience running an offense that he knows what he needs at each position. He showed through free agency in signing David MArtin and Kelly Campbell that what he needs is excellent athletes to create mis-matches and he/himself will put them in positions during the game to succeed. David Martin and Kelly Campbell haven't accomplished much through their careers, but Cameron is THAT confident in his offensive management skills that he can make them perform well based solely on their physical ability.

Cameron by himself should be reason enough for Miami Fans to be excited with the potential of the offense.

Back
Top Bottom