Anyone else excited about....... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else excited about.......

Reaction score
Will Poole next year, According to SI......

Position: CB
Class: Sr
School: Southern Cal
Conference: Pac-10
Ht., Wt.: 5'10½, 194
40 Time: 4.64
Grade: 4.03

BIO: Came to USC from Ventura JC last season and promptly moved into the starting lineup. Finished the season with 80/7/19, earning first team all-conference honors. Began his career at Boston College where he started as a freshman in 2000 and posted 75/1/8 before being suspended the following season.

POSITIVES: Outstanding cover corner who made the most of his senior campaign. Smooth backpedaling off the line, fluid turning his hips and loses nothing in transition. Quickly breaks on the pass and gets to the action with a burst of closing speed. Defends the run and mixes it up. Displays good field sense and wherewithal. Quickly picks up assignments in zone.

NEGATIVES: May not have the size or strength to play press coverage. Lacks the great body control and does a lot of slipping. Gambles on occasion, guesses wrong and gets beat.

ANALYSIS: Physically and technically gifted, Poole is one of the more natural cornerbacks in this draft. Best suited to play in a zone-cover-scheme or backed off the line of scrimmage, he is a prospect that should be starting by the end of his rookie campaign in the NFL.

PROJECTION: Early Second Round

CANT WAIT TO SEE HIM NEXT YEAR, AGREE?

I really hope that Poole will be our starting CB along with Madison.

I have always been a fan of Poole and I am also excited to see him play.

If you're not excited about Poole, watch last year's tapes of his competitor, Reggie Howard. :barf:

Will Poole will be good for us... maybe not the next Surtain (though he did show promise) but at the very least a solid third CB...

A question here, what ever happend to Dennis Weatherby, he was the steal of the Draft IMO in 2003, He was projected late 1st round and ended up w/ the Bengals as the 1st pick in the 4th round. What happend there, injury? trouble?

I think Howard will be our #4 CB with both Poole and Daniels ahead of him. Poole should start but Saban might want his man (Daniels) to start which is fine with me

Wait a minute, all this excitement over a Speilman pick...

What...but I thought he couldn't do anything right.. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

daniels wont start.. dont mean to be a naysayer but just cuz he played for saban doesnt mean he will start at corner....FS hopefully tho

paskerbrandon said:
Huked oyn foniks wourcked 4 mi

Anyway back to my question, what ever happened Weathersby?
I think he was shot a couple of days before the draft. Not positive but I think he was released by the Bengals this past offseason.
Did some searching and I was right. He was shot in a drive by a week before the draft. Made it back and played 4 games before getting hurt. The following offseason he was in a bad car accident. He hasnt played since.
http://bengals.realfootball365.com/Bengals-Players-Moves-Weathersby-050313.php

"The Cincinnati Bengals waived cornerback Dennis Weathersby. His career has recently been affected by a car accident and a drive-by shooting. Weathersby missed last season because with a head injury sustained in a car accident in April 2004.

Since then, he has been unable to pass the physical needed to return. "It's the recommendation of our team doctors that Dennis not play football at this time," Bengals coach Marvin Lewis.

The Bengals selected Weathersby from Oregon State in the fourth round of the 2003 draft despite being wounded a week earlier in a drive-by shooting in his hometown of Duarte, California.

He recovered in time to play 4 games in 2003 after being sidelined with a football-related shoulder injury."

I think Howard wins the starting job opposite Madison. When we signed Howard, it was known that he did not excel in press, man-to-man coverage, and was a much better player in zone coverage. Saban is going to use a lot more zone coverage than we've seen since Shula left. So, I think Howard's experience wins out over Poole, for this year anyway.

I'ld like to think that Poole will start opposite Madison, but I'm almost sure it will be Howard.

Back
Top Bottom