Anyone else excited about....... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else excited about.......

dolfanmark said:
I think Howard wins the starting job opposite Madison. When we signed Howard, it was known that he did not excel in press, man-to-man coverage, and was a much better player in zone coverage. Saban is going to use a lot more zone coverage than we've seen since Shula left. So, I think Howard's experience wins out over Poole, for this year anyway.

Itll be a good battle. One things for sure, last year Howard was a square peg...Wanny tried desperatley to shove him in a round hole.

DcRy82 said:
daniels wont start.. dont mean to be a naysayer but just cuz he played for saban doesnt mean he will start at corner....FS hopefully tho

This would be a good position for him.

Pericles349 said:
I'ld like to think that Poole will start opposite Madison, but I'm almost sure it will be Howard.

Even though I would not hope for this, if Howard were to be starting, then that would tell me that he impressed some coaches (Including Saban), and would deserve it.....My pick would be Poole

saban has been adamant about measurables (height,weight) by position. he's said as much, and shown as much through FA and the draft. both corners he brought in (edwards and daniels) are 6'+ and 200lbs. madison and poole are not. saban believes in his philosophies and will stick to them. while i won't really miss "toast," i will hate to see poole go because i've been excited about him and really wanted to see him become a great corner for us. there is a chance, that because of his cheap price tag he could stick around for another couple of years, but i just have feeling saban is hell bent on big physical corner backs that can match up with the big physical wrs saturating the nfl these days.

Wait are you saying Saban is going to get rid of Poole? Thats rediculous, he is a second year player (extremely young), on a rookie salary. I highly doubt he will be let go next year or any year for that.

Whomever ends us with the #2 CB role will be good enough to be there. It will be a tough competition and will only make the entire DB group better...

So how good will the latest LB turned Safety be for us this year???

finz99 said:
Wait are you saying Saban is going to get rid of Poole? Thats rediculous, he is a second year player (extremely young), on a rookie salary. I highly doubt he will be let go next year or any year for that.

i wasn't aware that poole has done anything to warrant "solid nfl cb" status. don't misunderstand what im saying, though. i like poole and i would love for him to be successful here. but he does not fit what saban is looking for at cb. that is all im saying.

paskerbrandon said:
A question here, what ever happend to Dennis Weatherby, he was the steal of the Draft IMO in 2003, He was projected late 1st round and ended up w/ the Bengals as the 1st pick in the 4th round. What happend there, injury? trouble?
Spent his rookie season rehabbing getting shot and last year I think he got hurt either during camp or very early on in the season.

The only thing that concerns me with poole is his lack of recovery speed and his penchant for clutching and grabbing wr's. If you watched him in college he really wasnt strong enough to jam bigger wrs then so he would latch on to jerseys and whatnot. With the way this league is calling interference that does concern me a bit.

All in all though I think he has a chance to be a very good cb because he plays the ball well; I just wouldnt use him in press coverage unless it was some kind of zone or a scheme with over the top safety help.

MDFINFAN said:
Wait a minute, all this excitement over a Speilman pick...

What...but I thought he couldn't do anything right.. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

I'm one of Speilman's most severe critics. But I always applauded the Poole selection. It's one of the few times Speilman opted for value over desperately trying to fill a positional need. I also commended the David Boston signing even though that didn't work out. If you continually get the best of it, even by a few percent, in each selection or transaction things have a way of working out in your favor in the long run. Speilman's GM tenure was marked by that truism in reverse, forfeiting the advantage early and often and fatal.

Whoever starts opposite of Madison will be the best player the Dolphins have. If its Poole, Howard or Daniels Saban will make sure the best player plays.

Back
Top Bottom