Anyone else excited by Chris Clemons | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else excited by Chris Clemons

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
I've seen him play in college. He was great in run support. When we drafted in in the 5th rd. we got great value. If he can improve his coverage ability, we have a guy that can step in when Bell retires. I don't know about you but, I thought he was one of the better picks in the draft.

I don't like the sound of "excited" when talking about another man, but I'll get pretty fired up for any guy on our team that has 4.3 speed.

I've seen him play in college. He was great in run support. When we drafted in in the 5th rd. we got great value. If he can improve his coverage ability, we have a guy that can step in when Bell retires. I don't know about you but, I thought he was one of the better picks in the draft.

With 4.3 speed, i thought his strength is coverage. He also plays FS, which is geared more towards being better at coverage. The other safety, Hamlin, was the slower, better SS.

If Bell goes down, Gibril would probably switch to strong and Clemons could step in . . . or Culver and Gibril stays.

With 4.3 speed, i thought his strength is coverage. He also plays FS, which is geared more towards being better at coverage. The other safety, Hamlin, was the slower, better SS.

If Bell goes down, Gibril would probably switch to strong and Clemons could step in . . . or Culver and Gibril stays.

The Dolphins are going to Quarters coverage where both safeties are interchangeable. You can throw FS and SS terms out the window in that system..

It's the same secondary system the Giants used when they won the Super Bowl in 07. The secondary that Gibril Wilson was on.

The Dolphins are going to Quarters coverage where both safeties are interchangeable. You can throw FS and SS terms out the window in that system..

It's the same secondary system the Giants used when they won the Super Bowl in 07. The secondary that Gibril Wilson was on.

Yep, which is why we gotta make sure these cb's are up to task, because in that quarters coverage, u need good man cover corners.

Yep, which is why we gotta make sure these cb's are up to task, because in that quarters coverage, u need good man cover corners.

Both Sean Smith and Vontae Davis excelled in man-to-man in college.. They were the two best man-to-man corners in the draft.. And that's why we got both of them, they fit our system to a tee.

Guys like Butler, Jenkins, Alphonso and Moore played more zone in college. But not Vontae and especially Sean Smith.

Both are very good at press man coverage at the line.. Especially Sean Smith. That's his specialty.. And I think CK pointed out that no corner in the draft played more press man over the last 2 years than Sean Smith.

Utah ran it more than 95% of other college teams.

We have a regime that knows what the hell they are doing and have a plan.

I am not saying he is bad in coverage, but I think his run support is superior. When I watched him in college, I thought his coverage was behind his run support. JMHO.

Clemons And Turner!!!

I am excited about him but I think I am more intrigued by PATRICK TURNER!!! He makes my toes tingle a bit,just for the simple fact. He moves so well for being a 6'5" receiver. I really think he can contribute alot this season.:hi5:

I am excited about him but I think I am more intrigued by PATRICK TURNER!!! He makes my toes tingle a bit,just for the simple fact. He moves so well for being a 6'5" receiver. I really think he can contribute alot this season.:hi5:

Mad Dog, is that you ?

I hope you are correct as the Dolphins need depth in the secondary and improve special teams play. But as a 5th round pick and the Dolphin's 7th selection, I'll reserve judgment.
I am pleased that he got to camp on time.

If Clemons can't beat out Wilson by midseason he's a bum. I'm surprised Al Davis didn't take him in the 2nd round.

i'm just happy that we didn't reach for him since that seemed to be the theme of the later rounds in our draft this year. That being said, he's measurables are really impressive and a few years down the road we might be saying he was a huge steal.

Back
Top Bottom