Anyone else feel as nearly excited for the offseason as the season?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else feel as nearly excited for the offseason as the season??

Despacio

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Okk, the excitement going into the season is unparrallel, but I can't remember being this excited going into the offseason.

We have a more significant amount of money to play with than we have in quite some time in free agency.

And we have another full draft coming up with a coach and staff with a knack for eyeing talent, plus a head start already in Manny Wright as our 5th rounder.

Our young talent (Crowder, Daniels, Poole, Roth, Brown, Wright, etc.) will have time to heal, recover, and progress.

Plus, were rolling, and hopefully will continue to do so at season end. Were gaining respect and have shown traits, like resillance, that no JJ or Wanny fins team have shown.

Because so we have to be a top lure for a lot of free agents, who wont want to come to Miami where Nick Saban is building a winner?

And best of all, all signs point to this offseason as being the offseason we finally go after a franchise QB in the making. But I guess that's still up in the air a little bit.

Nontheless, I have never been this excited going into the offseason, I am overlooking two games right now, and the offseason is still a 6-month wait, but still, I just can't wait.

And you know what's even better, the season comes right after the offseason. :)

:dolphins:

I am excited to see what happens in the draft, in free agency and so on but I am not looking forward to the lack of news that always happens in the off season. It gets real boring around here and the nut cases fill this board with the most insane posts. :lol:

its a great feeling aint it. i beleive its called ''hope''. something thats been in short supply around here for awhile.

I'm excited for the offseason as well. I feel that FA period and the draft will be again very good. But I hate the waiting for each period to start. I can't wait for 2006 when we should be playing Jan instead of watching other teams.

Its nice to know that top free agents want to be here. After the season is over the draft can't get here soon enough.. Waiting for the draft is like a little kid waiting for Christmas. Just can't wait to see what you get.

Celtkin said:
I am excited to see what happens in the draft, in free agency and so on but I am not looking forward to the lack of news that always happens in the off season. It gets real boring around here and the nut cases fill this board with the most insane posts. :lol:

...and how is that different from the regular season???:lol:

PLEEZHELPUSNICK said:
its a great feeling aint it. i beleive its called ''hope''. something thats been in short supply around here for awhile.

It's crazy that we've come to think that "hope" is something we needed as if we've been dismal for years and years. I think that just goes to show how spoiled we have been as fans.

PLEEZHELPUSNICK said:

I've had hope for 25 years, ever since I started watching football. Its time to step over the Super Bowl hump and win the whole damn thing.

Despacio said:
Okk, the excitement going into the season is unparrallel, but I can't remember being this excited going into the offseason.

We have a more significant amount of money to play with than we have in quite some time in free agency.

And we have another full draft coming up with a coach and staff with a knack for eyeing talent, plus a head start already in Manny Wright as our 5th rounder.

Our young talent (Crowder, Daniels, Poole, Roth, Brown, Wright, etc.) will have time to heal, recover, and progress.

Plus, were rolling, and hopefully will continue to do so at season end. Were gaining respect and have shown traits, like resillance, that no JJ or Wanny fins team have shown.

Because so we have to be a top lure for a lot of free agents, who wont want to come to Miami where Nick Saban is building a winner?

And best of all, all signs point to this offseason as being the offseason we finally go after a franchise QB in the making. But I guess that's still up in the air a little bit.

Nontheless, I have never been this excited going into the offseason, I am overlooking two games right now, and the offseason is still a 6-month wait, but still, I just can't wait.

And you know what's even better, the season comes right after the offseason. :)

:dolphins:
It's like that point in "Return of the Jedi" when you realize Luke has really become a Jedi, no BS. It's like then when you feel hope for the first time in such a long time - long after Darth Vader (Speilman) and the Emporer (Wanny) have killed off all your hope!

It's a great feeling when you know things are about to turn around after so much darkness!!!!

I myself am very excited about the offseason. I just hate the gap between the Super Bowl and the beginning of TC. Talk about being bored silly. Baseball isnt real exciting for me, though I'll use it as a way to waste time. And I can't get into the NBA too much either for some reason. Just not feeling it right now.

PerfectFinz72 said:
It's crazy that we've come to think that "hope" is something we needed as if we've been dismal for years and years. I think that just goes to show how spoiled we have been as fans.
You have a point, for sure. The Bengals, we ain't!

But heck, even they've been to a SuperBowl more recently than us :confused: :confused:

DolfanTom said:
You have a point, for sure. The Bengals, we ain't!

But heck, even they've been to a SuperBowl more recently than us :confused: :confused:

Agreed. But I guess I have a different definition of hope. Hope to me is getting in the playoffs. Once you're in, anything can happen. The best team doesnt always win, sometimes it's the hottest team at the time.

So, since we've been in the playoffs regularly (obviously its been a few years now), but still were in the playoffs regularly...... I think there is always hope from that perspective.

I've been excited about it ever since Nick took over and after what he did with his first draft I'm more excited now.The young guys are only gonna get better and he's gonna bring some more in april...I think the key will be how we do in free agency....we did good last year by bring all the guys we got...this offseason I'd like for us to get less players but better.I'd be happy with only 2 if they were any combo of Wayne/Peterson/Bently/Clemens.....just 2 of those would be great as long as we get a QB in the draft.

Ozzy rules!!

Go Italy 2006 world cup

I'm more excited about this offseason than the last one.

There were alot of unknowns this past offseason. Then, the 2005 season turned out to be a stepping stone season. But now, this coming offseason, we will get a chance to see Miami taking the next step towards a winning season and a playoff run. If they finish at 8-8 or 9-7, it will end this season on a positive note. I expect a postive offseason in 2006 because of the strong finish in 2005. Miami will probably be predicted by sports writers to be one of those teams that is on the up-and-up in 2006.

Back
Top Bottom