Anyone else get annoyed by deferring to the other team when we win the coin toss? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else get annoyed by deferring to the other team when we win the coin toss?

DeeperImage

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
I freaking hate this crap. Every team I ever played in, all the coaches I played for always believed if we won the toss we wanted the ball to go out there and establish the tempo right out of the gate (I'm very aware that I am not a pro but I just loved that coaching mentality).

I freaking hate the fact that Tony Morano always defers to the other team when we win the toss and we always lay an egg at the start of the second half when we do get the ball.

I prefer it. It really sets you up for success in the 2nd half. Unfortunately, we never capitalize on it. We could've scored a TD at the end of the half, led 14-13 at Half, and then come back out and score another TD and made it 21-13 before Baltimore ever even got the ball back. Unfortunately we are too incompetent when a game changing play is needed.

You should always defer. At home our fans will be extra loud the first drive and on the road their fans will be out getting snacks the first drive for us.

No. That may be the only thing this staff does right.

No, but not being able to move the ball to begin the second half does bother me.

Back
Top Bottom