Anyone else here just want to be a fan? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else here just want to be a fan?

rayfinkle5

Starter
Reaction score
Since I don't personally know Ross or anyone on the Dolphins staff, and since I have never gotten paid to evaluate Collegiate or NFL talent, I don't have an educated answer to the many questions currently being asked. So, I'm just going to sit back and be a fan while many of you share your "knowledge". You are all welcome to join me.

For those of you who would like to join me but struggle with the idea of being just a fan and not an expert I have included some sample questions and answers to help you get your feet wet:

Q: Was Tannehill the best player on the Dolphins board when they made the selection?
A: I don't know. I'm just a fan but I'm sure going to root for him!

Q: Does everyone on this board truly watch, breakdown and dissect game film?
A: I don't know (I doubt it!). I'm just a fan but I sure hope they root for the Phins!

Q: Does Tannehill have the skills to be the #8 selection in this years draft?
A: I don't know because I don't watch, breakdown and dissect game film. I'm just a fan but I'm sure going to root for him!

Q: Did Ross demand the Dolphins draft a QB, thus creating a situation where the team reached at #8?
A: I don't know Mr. Ross personally so I have no idea. I'm just a fan but I'm sure going to root for him and the team!

Since I don't personally know Ross or anyone on the Dolphins staff, and since I have never gotten paid to evaluate Collegiate or NFL talent, I don't have an educated answer to the many questions currently being asked. So, I'm just going to sit back and be a fan while many of you share your "knowledge". You are all welcome to join me.

For those of you who would like to join me but struggle with the idea of being just a fan and not an expert I have included some sample questions and answers to help you get your feet wet:

Q: Was Tannehill the best player on the Dolphins board when they made the selection?
A: I don't know. I'm just a fan but I'm sure going to root for him!

Q: Does everyone on this board truly watch, breakdown and dissect game film?
A: I don't know (I doubt it!). I'm just a fan but I sure hope they root for the Phins!

Q: Does Tannehill have the skills to be the #8 selection in this years draft?
A: I don't know because I don't watch, breakdown and dissect game film. I'm just a fan but I'm sure going to root for him!

Q: Did Ross demand the Dolphins draft a QB, thus creating a situation where the team reached at #8?
A: I don't know Mr. Ross personally so I have no idea. I'm just a fan but I'm sure going to root for him and the team!

I for one am a super fan and am going to tell you that I do all of those things and would make a far better GM than Ireland... Hell Ross should give me his billions because since I have yet to earn my own, but still have more business saavy than he does....

We are all fans other wise we would not be on this site. But i agree there are a lot of people of here that thinkthey know just as much if not more the the people in the front office. I think its funny just to sit back and read some of the crap they say and talk about.

Now i will say i like the pick and i am glad we went after a QB in the 1st. None of us know what will happen but it is going to be a lot of fun watching and seeing what we got and what we get!!!!! i am just glad that football is getting closer.

IT is fun to play GM during the draft and free agency but understand that the ones making decisions have much more knowledge than us and we should give them the benefit of the doubt. Drafting is very much the same as blackjack. In the end though, gambing is gambling.

Is it silly how everyone pretends to be expert at player evaluation? Yes, but I'm not going to invalidate the worth of human opinion or the capacity for insight in each perspective. We all watch football, almost all of us are capable of brain activity. Some of us have a better basis to evaluate what we're looking at than others, but none of us here are vegetables. What you're describing is a cheerleader. There are plenty here who just want to be that. To me it sounds pitiful. Some of us we enjoy the intellectual discourse that comes from following a sport. It's a common source of discussion between people all around the world. It's up to each individual to determine whether what's coming out of someone's mind is worth a damn. If you don't want that intellectual responsibility then start doing pilates and strap on some pom poms, mary.

Back
Top Bottom