Anyone else mad we didn"t even attempt to go for a td? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else mad we didn"t even attempt to go for a td?

motormouthmaz

Rookie
Reaction score
We could have put the game away and the kickoff would not even have matter. Why with our playoff lives on the line did we play not to lose instead of playing to win? Clay was unstoppable in the red zone today, I just want to know other peoples thoughts. I know we won but we got very lucky and on that step out. 6 inches kept us in the playoff race.

You mean instead of going for the field goal? Because then they could tie the game with a field goal? We did the right thing.

Edit: NVM. Still did the right thing by not passing. An incomplete stops the clock and we already were in FG range. They would have needed to score a TD to beat us with less then a min left i think and 0 time outs.

You have to run it to waste their time outs and waste the clock. Coaching staff did the right thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was smart coaching. Going ~80 yard for a touchdown with 1:10 to play and no timeouts in bad weather against a team that has defended the pass very well all year and is great at rushing the passer is an extremely, extremely lough task for the offense.

Joe called it right, IMO.

We could have attempted one pass to clay or a roll out with ryan in the red zone, if brown doesn't step out of bounds do you still call joe right?

No, because we won. If we lost this might be a legit conversation. We won.

No but I did want to go for it on Stugis's 58 yard attempt. Or at least a little pooch punt. Sturgis hasn't been money. Don't set him up for failure.

Back
Top Bottom