Anyone else mad we didn"t even attempt to go for a td? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else mad we didn"t even attempt to go for a td?

If you are talking about a decision to take a long FG or punt it, since the distance is too great for a first, then it may have made sense to try the risky FG. But without even knowing the history of FG's in that stadium, I was cursing the staff for sending out the kicker. The chances of picking up a 4th and 2 have to be way higher than trying a 52 yarder anywhere in the snow and wind.

I agree 100 percent.

The only thing I didn't like was the lack of creativity in the running calls, a reversible or something they were not expecting would have been a TD. Running and eating the clock was smart but it was too conservative.

If you are referring to an end around (not sure if you are), few staffs would call that in the last two minutes. Too much risk of a botched handoff coming from a different angle usually to a player not accustomed to this (though we could use Thigpen) and too much risk of costly negative yards. Plus, the chances of a player getting forced out of bounds is high. I guess a read option would have been nice.

From the way Thomas carried on third down, it was evident that his number one priority was simply holding on to the football.

Back
Top Bottom