Anyone Else Notice Gase Doesn't Cover His Lips? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone Else Notice Gase Doesn't Cover His Lips?

This isn't a single instance. I noticed it every time they showed him calling the play. Full disclosure, I'm a Gase supporter - I just thought it a little odd and potentially harmful. Especially considering we play the Patsies twice a year.
I mean you're reaching a lot if you think a teams can figure out much if anything at all with a handful of three second clips of a coach talking. You would literally need a lip reader in the stands with binoculars to try and translate plays and then apply that to a defensive strategy. Coaches get mic'd up for networks all the time, probably could get a lot more info from those segments than the minimal brief pans during the game.

Seems Gase is always looking down with his cap pulled down low. Like he's hiding behind the cap. I don't think I have seen his lips moving. But of course I could be entirely wrong.

Hopefully when his lips are moving he isnt talking to himself or his imaginery friend.

Why would other coaches bother if there was nothing to be concerned with? Something in the past must have led them to start doing this.

Look you guys, if they are deflating balls and micing locker rooms, there is not extent some of these billionaire corporations we call teams wouldn't go to, to try to get an edge, including to hire lip readers. Very believable.

Yea. What’s up with this? Peyton Manning did it.
I guess it’s a generic call that could mean anything?
BTW great win and even though I hate close games I actually had fun this time.
I expected we would loose. So it was fun!

Yeah, the announcers noticed it and attributed it to the fact that Peyton was sitting with Marino in the luxury box watching the game. Thing is though I noticed Tannehill doing it in past games this season so I'm not sure what's up with that. Maybe a charity thing?

Back
Top Bottom