Anyone else notice Ricky shying away from tackles? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else notice Ricky shying away from tackles?

Truedus

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Sure last year he would bounce outside for the occassional long gain. But he played smashmouth more often than not, making holes for himself and laying out Linebackers and DBs. This year, he sees no hole, and he stops and runs to the side, just to be tackled in the backfield. I know the line isn't playing well, but heck, I want to see Ricky just lay into someone stuffing the whole every so often.
I want to see him take on a Backer or a DB head on. Instead of playing Madden with himself. If he does that, then the play action might actually work.
I don't think anyone should be content with the sloppy win this week. We had dropped passes, fumbles, blown coverages galore!
The line needs to do their job better too.

The positive is that we are playing great Defense and Special Teams again. Props to Sam Madison, Burnett, and of course JT who took alot of double teams today. The D unit as a whole was great despite the penalties. "Bend don't Break" I like it.

Just my thoughts. Flame if you wish.

a W is a W.

that is all that matters in the end

very happy to sneak out of Jax with the win, maybe didn't deserve it...

4-1!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree. We need the lucky wins when it gets to the end of the season. But a Championship team dominates. We have alot (not alittle) of work to do.

Still have yet to play anything close to a complete game. The defense has done it. The offense hasn't come close.

Originally posted by Sherif
Ricky is in a slump.

:confused:

More like the line can't block. Go back and watch the 2 long runs Ricky had. Give him a little bit of room and he'll take it.

When a running back CONSISTANTLY has to break tackles in the backfield, I'm not quite sure there is a problem with the running back. It really seems like more often then not, he's getting touched behind the yard of scrimmage.

Back
Top Bottom