Anyone Else Notice The Change? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone Else Notice The Change?

Dolphin_Daz

Dolfan in England
Reaction score
In the first half Davone Bess was shown on TV displaying his frustration at getting open (deep) and not getting the ball thrown his way. He was waving his arms around and then threw down his helmet in disgust and frustration on the sidelines. I have never seen Bess show this kind of emotion before and I was very surprised to see such a cool and calm character do so. I wasnt hating btw....

However, after that we seemed to completely change how we played on offense. Tannehill was running for yards, throwing on the run, play action and passing deep, rolling left, rolling right, quick sneaks. Something about us seemed to change, it was like we just said sure, lets throw deep. Tannehill played superb from that point on with just the poor pick in the endzone the only blemish.

Perhaps this is all coincidence, but it seemed like it took our quiet guy on the team to finally speak up to change what we all wanted....

Oh, and we actually had a 2 minute drill at the end of a game for once....and won the game with it! Honestly, I couldn't believe it. Today was a HUGE day in the career of Ryan Tannehill, and I feel great about it! :)

i noticed a big lift as soon as clay caught that td .the guys on the o side were all over him .seemed to catch fire with the rest of the team.except on the KR but they played much better after the half

That frustration just means that Davone Bess will be traded in the offseason. It's not OK for a receiver to show frustration when he is open for big play and not being found.

That frustration just means that Davone Bess will be traded in the offseason. It's not OK for a receiver to show frustration when he is open for big play and not being found.

sure!

Yea it was weird seeing Bess get that pissed, it was honestly great to see some fire coming from our offensive players. It's about time the offense shows it's frustrations and does something about it against a top notch defense.

I love Bess, but anyone else hate when he catches the ball and he always seems to bounce back a few yards or runs backwards?

I thought it was unusual for Bess to be so demonstrative with his frustration today as well but glad that the recieving corps played a major part in the win.

Also I noticed, when we lost those last few games, we weren't airing the ball out, as we did in the beginning of the season. In this game, Tann looked like his old self and he seemed like he was reacting more than thinking. I would like to see him improve his TD to interception ratio but I think we all want that.

I don't know if it was Bess that made the change but I hope our Team has identified their problems. They have been playing with a lot of inconsistencies. I'm hoping that it is as simple as changing their training regiment or healing from injuries to get them to perform a little more consistent. I think you made a good observation. Good post. Go Phins

I was watching the game with a Seahawks fan who I'm friends with and we were both shocked at how easily we moved the ball through the air in the 2nd half. I was also impressed with Daniel Thomas today. He was hitting the hole with so much power/speed it made a huge difference.

Maddening. Say that about him every week. Don't get me wrong- also love him. But that part of his game drives me CRAZY.

I love Bess, but anyone else hate when he catches the ball and he always seems to bounce back a few yards or runs backwards?

No. I know the one play that lead you to this conclusion but it was a pass on 3rd down where he caught it (past the first down marker) coming back towards the LOS. That was the route. Usually forward progress is awarded to give the receiver the first down, but it's kind of a judgement call that we weren't lucky on today.

It should be noticed that our rokie qb pull off a vetren move today. The qb sneak when he caught the seahawks with 12 men on the feild = good call by our developing rookie qb.

Back
Top Bottom