Anyone else notice | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else notice

kain22377

Rookie
Reaction score
The tentativeness and dancing of Ronnie Brown in week 1 again. I do like Ronnie but that dancing in the backfield stuff needs to stop ASAP - very irritating. Ronnie has the capability to turn it up and be a multi dimensional back, im not sure why this coaching staff has not figured out how to do it. Probably the one and only positive thing that Cameron ever did here was figure out how to turn Ronnie into a deadly offensive weapon. But now its like weve forgotten how to do this and have to start all over again with the dancing stuff.

Even bystanders who were with me during the game who never watch Miami mentioned about how they should give the ball to Ricky Williams more because he looks so much more explosive and elusive.

I guess my only point here is hoping the staff will feed the ball to whos hot, and light a fire under Ronnie to just hit the hole and stop the dancing.

The tentativeness and dancing of Ronnie Brown in week 1 again. I do like Ronnie but that dancing in the backfield stuff needs to stop ASAP - very irritating. Ronnie has the capability to turn it up and be a multi dimensional back, im not sure why this coaching staff has not figured out how to do it. Probably the one and only positive thing that Cameron ever did here was figure out how to turn Ronnie into a deadly offensive weapon. But now its like weve forgotten how to do this and have to start all over again with the dancing stuff.

Even bystanders who were with me during the game who never watch Miami mentioned about how they should give the ball to Ricky Williams more because he looks so much more explosive and elusive.

I guess my only point here is hoping the staff will feed the ball to whos hot, and light a fire under Ronnie to just hit the hole and stop the dancing.

The blocking was suspect the whole game and Ronnie didn't really get that many carries anyway... love how everyone thinks they're a coach

I think Ronnie needed to dance around to buy time while searching for a hole to run through since the ones that are supposed to be there were not there.

You may be labeled a "bad fan" for this post but honestly it is a great observation. I agree 100% but rest assured this isn't a one time occurrence. This has been my knock on RB since he has been here. He doesn't go up into the hole with authority like ricky does. Ricky gets the ball, picks his hole and bam hits it. I think it has to do with field vision too. Ricky is a natural. Ronnie is good but doesn't have the ultimate field vision that you would want in a back taken so high.

I like brown and think he still has great upside. However IMO, in order for him to be very successful, he needs the holes to be opened up for him with a lineman getting to the second level. 2 years ago he looked the most comfortable but with his injury that is to be expected. However by now, he should be back in that form. Right now may not be but it is just one game. The line isn't helping either.

ronnie ran for 4.3 on 10 carries for 43.career ronnie is 4.4.but its just not the per carry.so what if he gets 3 yards 6-8 times.its the punishing hits he gives out.he is one of the few backs that defenders dont want to hit over and over again,and he will break one long .just watch the pats game last year.we started winning when we put the ball in his hands last year period.the guy has great hands to ,and they dont throw him the ball?this crap they are putting out that everybody is the same. is the stupidest **** i have ever heard.when ronnie doesnt run the ball.we are a weak finesse team.now that pat is taking a few snaps from ronnie .we just got weaker.

You dont need to be a coach to see that Ronnie was dancing a lot, looked generally slow and doesnt hit the hole with authority like Ricky Williams did. All you need is a pair of working eyes.

Ronnie Brown should be better than his 07 form before he got hurt with this $150+million line but something is off...

You may be labeled a "bad fan" for this post but honestly it is a great observation. I agree 100% but rest assured this isn't a one time occurrence. This has been my knock on RB since he has been here. He doesn't go up into the hole with authority like ricky does. Ricky gets the ball, picks his hole and bam hits it. I think it has to do with field vision too. Ricky is a natural. Ronnie is good but doesn't have the ultimate field vision that you would want in a back taken so high.

I like brown and think he still has great upside. However IMO, in order for him to be very successful, he needs the holes to be opened up for him with a lineman getting to the second level. 2 years ago he looked the most comfortable but with his injury that is to be expected. However by now, he should be back in that form. Right now may not be but it is just one game. The line isn't helping either.

I could really care less about what kind of fan im labeled, I know what kind of fan I am. I pull for the Dolphins through and through, just as I always have for the last 25 years. Hell, I like Ronnie Brown, I even have his jersey. But he just looked slow to me and didnt look like the Ronnie that I know he is capable of being.

Im talking about the kind of Ronnie Brown that totally owned Ellis Hobbs going into the end zone on NE. The kind that nearly decapitated an Oakland DB in 2007 running straight over into the end zone.

I know that hes capable of good things but I just didnt see that out of him in Week 1. Perhaps he will get better against the Colts which im pulling for.

Go Fins!

Ronnie doesn't have the vision that Ricky has. That's not a knock on Ronnie as much as a compliment to Ricky.

I still believe that part of Ronnie's issues are that he just doesn't get the ball enough. 10 carries just isn't enough for him to get into a rhythm. He also should be a bigger part of the passing game. In fact, We have 3 backs that are underutilized in the passing game.

I think Ronnie needed to dance around to buy time while searching for a hole to run through since the ones that are supposed to be there were not there.

The run blocking was pretty good when Ricky was in the game. Me thinks that the problem was not the o-line...

You dont need to be a coach to see that Ronnie was dancing a lot, looked generally slow and doesnt hit the hole with authority like Ricky Williams did. All you need is a pair of working eyes.
maybe you need to watch for another 25 years then

For the run game to be such a priority for MIA they sure don't think twice to abandon it.

The run blocking was pretty good when Ricky was in the game. Me thinks that the problem was not the o-line...

Ricky was getting all his big gains running to the outside, that's the difference. They were trying to run Ronnie between the tackles. It's not working for us right now. Ricky is one of the best getting to the outside and taking it up the sideline.

Fix the line and blocking and the dancing will end. He gets yards and is consistent when given the right amount of carries. Ricky runs more sweeps/outside stuff and doesn't go up the middle nearly as much as Ronnie does. Not taking anything away from Ricky, he's great too.

Back
Top Bottom